Sunday, November 27, 2011

i really wish this was more exciting

So, Thursday was Thanksgiving.  It's one of my favorite holidays simply because it centers around food, and I am a girl who can put away some potatoes.  I am sad to report that I had a little bit of a cold this year, and unfortunately my appetite was not up to par.  However, I was able to add "Nyquil" to my list of things I'm thankful for.

Not that I keep an actual list.  Maybe I should.  I already know what #1 would be.  Lays Classic potato chips in the yellow bag.  Holla.

On Friday morning, my little bit of a cold transformed into a FULL BLOWN, MAJOR COLD.  Because I am now a member of the real world, I still had to go to work, despite the fact that it was Black Friday and also, did I mention, I WAS NOT FEELING SO WELL?  My headache and I got dressed and set off, and I spent the morning working and also making frequent trips back and forth to the vending machine and my little mailbox because I was full an eternal hope that perhaps there would be something new in it every fifteen minutes. 

There wasn't.

Around lunchtime I looked down and what do you know, MY SHIRT WAS ON INSIDE OUT!  Super!  I am so glad that the day I chose to make thrice hourly trips ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE OFFICE to my mailbox was also the day I chose to wear my clothes inside out.

I left work a wee bit early and headed straight for bed without even looking through the mail and inquiring about the whereabouts of every single one of my family members, as is my usual routine.

Around dinnertime I woke up feeling worse than ever, and was about three sneezes away from getting in the car and heading to the drugstore because you know what they say, desperate times call for desperate measures.  And I was pretty sure my desperate measure was about to come in the form of a Neti-Pot.  Luckily things did not get that bad, although there were a few moments of panic when I thought we had run out of tissues.  My poor nose was so sore, and the thought of having to use toilet paper instead of Puffs Plus with Lotion was almost more than I could bear.
Having to use TP instead of a soft tissue would have made for a rough night.

See what I did there?  Rough?  I am so clever and witty.

Things were touch and go all day on Saturday, but I managed to pull through.  

I was feeling much better today, so I went with Matt while he picked out some new threads for his NEW JOB!  Matt and I haven't gone clothes shopping together very often, but I knew it was going to be an adventure when we walked into the store and the first thing he said was, "Okay, so I'm looking for one of those headless dummies with the outfit on already so I can get an idea of what matches."

I sure hope none of the MANNEQUINS heard Matt refer to them as HEADLESS DUMMIES.

In the end Matt got some fancy duds and I know without a doubt he will be the best looking guy in the office.  Let's just hope he doesn't wear anything inside out.

We went out for dinner after our shopping trip, and while there was a small issue with some extremely raw (read: I think I heard it cluck) chicken, we had a delightful time.  I ate bread, a salad, an appetizer, chicken parmesan, and a dessert, so I think it's safe to say that my appetite is back and better than ever.  

Now if I am able to dress myself properly tomorrow morning, I think I can say I'm officially cured.

12 comments:

Morgan said...

Hope you're feeling better! This was extremely entertaining to read so thanks for that. =)

Meredith said...

Haha, I hate those days when your clothes are inside out. :) Hope you feel better soon!

Lauren said...

My hubby is color-blind and he definitely used to shop off the mannequins before we were married! ha!

hope you're feeling much, much better!

Chelsea said...

hahaha awww glad you're feeling better now- definitely a rough way to spend a holiday weekend!

Miss Amy said...

Sick at the holidays is the worst!! Gross TP makes it worse too!!! Glad you're feeling better! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh no! That sucks that you got sick around the holiday. Hopefully, it'll be all gone soon!

Jane said...

It takes a lot to make me actually laugh out loud while reading ... but the headless dummies did it!

Taylor said...

oh my goodness rough day!!! So sorry you are sick, down some meds, take a shot and just sleep!! Definitely makes you wish you were still living at home and mom would tell you, "you don't have to do anything today and I will bring yo uwhatever you want"
Now we gotta take care of ourselves! when did we sign up for this!!? MOMMY!!! hahaha

Katie Marie said...

Oh man! I'm so sorry you were sick, but this post made me laugh! So at least you being sick did some good, eh? ;) I hope you are 100% tomorrow!

Jamie said...

Glad youre feeling beter :)

Baby Sister said...

Ugh...colds are the worst. I'm glad you're feeling better, though. And Matt? He makes me laugh almost as much as you do. That's saying a lot. :)

Alyx said...

haha, oh man! I think it's pretty hilarious that you wore your shirt inside out! Not so hilarious, however, that you were sick. That is no bueno.