i was going to say something about the sand being grand

When I woke up on Monday morning I had grand plans to come home after work and compose a post about the rest of our trip to the beach with photographs and an accompanying poem.

And then I got to the office and realized that it was the last day of open enrollment and all of my insurance forms were due by 4:30.  I thought about my options all morning and finally sent my dad an email at 1:00 with the subject line "insurance stuff - i am so confused" because OH MY WORD at all of the choices.  He responded with a detailed email about what he recommended and ended it with a paragraph about insurance being one of those tough decisions you just have to make as an adult.  Judging by the fact that I got a serious case of the giggles when I read the section in the brochure about how much you get paid per lost toe, I have my doubts about how well I fit into the adult category.

When I finally settled on what coverage I wanted, I had to complete all sorts of math equations that about sent me over the edge and reminded me why I am a paralegal and not a mathematician. When I came home on Monday night the last thing I wanted to do was compose couplets and rhymes about the beach.  

Tuesday night rolled around and I went to visit my cousin's new kitten and made a trip to Target because I was out of some necessities like trail mix and purple nail polish.

 And Wednesday.  Oh, Wednesday.  It was one of those days when I think SOMETIMES THIS JOB IS REALLY HARD.  And so last night I got a manicure with Michelle and and then caught up on some Lifetime tv. 

Which brings us to today, and I'll be honest, the cute little rhymes that I had in my head on Monday about the beach and the dolphins are history.  And so, here are some rhyme-free photos of our trip to Cape May, New Jersey.  We stayed at the Summer Cottage Inn, and if you're planning a trip, you should stay there.

They serve cheese pudding for breakfast.

I don't think I need to say anything more.
























Comments

TwoFourFive said…
If it makes you feel better, every year when open enrollment comes around, I still get confused. This is after 7 years of having a job with benefits. Your beach trip looked fun!
Baby Sister said…
I hate math. It's of the devil. The inn looks really cute though. I like that purple nail polish is on your list of necessities. I totally agree.
Insurance stuff always sucks. Never gets better but your beach vacation looks amazing. Living vicariously!
Sarah said…
I adore that porch. I want one just like that at my house(when I actually get a house). Between the porch and the cheese dip, I'd be in VACATION HEAVEN.

Your bathing suit is darling. I almost went in search of a new bathing suit this year but that always seems like a lot of work so I didn't. But now that I see yours I might go shopping anyway! :)
Awww, what a fun little getaway! I love B&B's! xoxo A-
Jay said…
That inn is adorable and so is your swimsuit.