just glossing it over

Well, all I have to say is THIS WEEK IS FLYING BY.

Lies.

That is not all I have to say, and this week is not flying by, NOT AT ALL.  Which is surprising considering all of the exciting things that I have been doing.

For example, last night I went to the store in an effort to continue my years long quest to find the perfect shade of pink lip gloss.  I ended up buying two new options, but am unimpressed with the results.


Both colors are pretty in the tube but when I put them on they sort of disappear into a very pale shimmer which might cause someone to say, "Hmm, are you even wearing lip gloss?" instead of "OH WOW, I LOVE YOUR PINK LIP GLOSS."  The latter is the obviously the reaction that I am aiming for.  And so the search continues in that department.

This morning began just like every morning, meaning that I sighed and whined and complained to myself when my alarm went off at 6:55.  I've never been a morning person, but one might think that after months and months and months of waking up at 6:55, I would just accept it.  

I haven't.

At precisely 7:03 every day I stumble into the bathroom and wash my face with the Clean and Clear MORNING BURST FACE WASH that I bought hoping that perhaps if I washed my face with that every morning I would feel just as perky and alive and excited for the day as the girls on the commercial.

I don't.

And then I return to my room and turn on Good Morning America while I finish getting ready, partly so that when I get to work and someone mentions the election or current global tensions I have something more intelligent to contribute than HEY SPEAKING OF NORWAY, DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD PINK LIP GLOSS, and also I may or may not have a major crush on Josh Elliot.

Today the lead story wasn't about politics or the global climate, but instead it centered on Donald Driver, Greenbay Packers football player and this season's Dancing with the Stars champion. Apparently Mr. Driver was at some sort of event over the weekend, and at one point threw his shoe to a young boy in the crowd.  A woman standing near the boy WRESTLED HIM DOWN and eventually got the shoe for herself.

Now I'll be honest.

I don't know much about Donald Driver aside from the fact that he performs a mean Samba and apparently knows his way around a football field.

However, if I ever became so famous that an adult would take down a small child just to become the owner of one of my old shoes, I would think "WHOA NELLY - TIME TO REIGN IT IN."

The rest of the day progressed as usual and after work I ate dinner with Matt's family and then swung by my parent's house.  True to form I came home with a box of miscellaneous items - including some fresh cut lavender, two large mason jars, a gift certificate to Rita's Water Ice, and a lemon.

The only thing missing was some pink lip gloss.

Comments

Carla said…
Getting up early never gets easier.
I also have a crush on Josh. He kind of reminds me of Fred Savage that I used to watch on the Wonder Years which probably dates me as an old lady. Ugh.
Pink is hard. I go for more of a mauve. I use covergirl wetslicks. I don't know that this information actually helps you in any way. Just thought I'd share. :)
Kristin said…
i hate waking up for work too... im working 11-11 right now so no problem there :)
Courtney said…
Have you ever tried Mac lip gloss? It is a bit more pricey than drugstore brands but man it is amazing and it lasts a long time too!
GreenGirl said…
I use Chanel Whisper for close to ten years. Love it and totally worth the money since it truly lasts forever (only need to get it once a year if that)
ae said…
This week is killing me. It feels like it should be Friday 2 weeks from now. How is is only Wednesday?!
Sarah said…
I just watched that video and my word, that woman is crazy! I almost said, "It's just a shoe!", but if I was in that situation and it was Brad's shoe,well... ;)
poptartyogini said…
I'm not a morning person either. I pretty much want to cry when my alarm goes off. I hope your quest for the pink lipgloss ends up successful.
Baby Sister said…
Seriously? An adult took down a child for a shoe?? That's a bit pathetic. Good luck the gloss search. The only gloss I find that I love, I end up loosing. So...I gave up for awhile.
Liza said…
I too can't seem to find lip-gloss that works for me. It all just seems to chap my lips out. Recently I have come across a lip-stick from Mary-Kay that so far has been the only to not chap my lips. So I'm good with that for now.

My week is going slow too! Hope it starts moving faster for the both of us!
Carlie said…
ohh you have to try lip butter by revlon...best stuff ever for your lips-and the color pops!
Too funny! And I cant ever find a good gloss either. I need to go to one of those ladies at the mall and get all dolled up.
Amy said…
I wish I could give you some good advice on what pink lip gloss is the best..But, I suck at anything beauty-makeup wise.

Now go get some Rita's and forget about stupid pink lip gloss that sucks. You'll find a good kind someday, don't rush it.
Very interesting!!

If you want take a look at my blog, we can follow each other on gfc if you want...
StephilĂ  Creations-Myfashionblog
Hilary Lane said…
I get te best pink lip gloss at Eyes Lips Face. It's their $1 lip stick, but it clicks up, and it's most definitely gloss, but with more color. The color actually shows up, they taste good, they're $1, and I have super sensitive lips, but have no problems with these!