so much celebrating

Well, Christmas 2016 is (almost) officially a wrap.

Last Thursday night I finished up the rest of my wrapping.

Unfortunately, as I wrapped a pair of PJ pants for my dad, I cut a giant hole in them.

And so, on Friday morning, I had to add a stop at Kohl's to my list of errands to run, and therefore went to the three worst places ever to go on December 23rd.  Kohl's, the grocery store, and Sam's Club.

It's a Christmas miracle that I didn't lose my mind, but I came out unscathed just in time to meet my dad and Emily for lunch at Grub Burger.

We rarely do things just the three of us, so lunch was fun and delicious and a great kickoff to a weekend of family.  After lunch, I stayed at my parents' for a bit and my mom and I set the dining room table for Christmas dinner.


On Christmas Eve, Matt and I went to his aunt's house after church.  I lucked out in the white elephant Pollyanna because I chose #18.  That meant I could steal, and so I stole a Magic Bullet blender from Matt's cousin.  We've already ground coffee beans and made about 12 smoothies which will hopefully cancel out the 235 bacon wrapped sausages I enjoyed at the party.

We got home late on Christmas Eve, but made a fire and watched a Christmas story.  On Christmas morning, Matt and I exchanged gifts and then he made Rudolph pancakes for breakfast.

My parents hosted Christmas dinner and my dad made prime rib.  He carved it at the table and it was so fun and fancy.

Also, delicious.

On Monday we spent the day celebrating Christmas with Matt's dad and step-mom's side of the family.

Emily turned 21 on Tuesday, and on Wednesday we spent the day in NYC.

And tomorrow morning my siblings and I will exchange our gifts and Christmas will officially be over.

Just in time to start celebrating New Year's.

And take a long nap.

Comments

Amie said…
I needed some stuff from Sam's before Christmas but decided it was not worth dealing with the crowds! Wow a Magic Bullet is a pretty great white elephant gift!! Those pancakes are soo cute, how creative!
Rebecca Jo said…
Carving at the table just reminds me of a perfect set up for National Lampoons Christmas Vacation :)
Love those pancakes
Brianne said…
Those pancakes are awesome! Have a great weekend & I can't wait to see what 2017 brings you.
Kasi said…
Looks like you had such an awesome Christmas! I can imagine how crazy stores get around the holidays and I've definitely been avoiding going anywhere. I think now it's probably safe to venture out :) Happy new year!
Julie said…
I had to due sams on that day too but what made it worse for STL is we had just gotten an ice storm so people were thinking we would be trapped and there was nothing there! But that's how people roll in Missouri!
Traci said…
Not sure if you know or not but Sam's has an app called Scan & Go & it's truly the greatest thing since sliced bread. Set up an account & put your credit card info in & scan as you shop. Then when you're done you hit pay & screen comes up with a bar code & you show that to the person at the door, they scan it & you're on your way.
Oh my goodness! That is totally something I would do - cut a hole in the pants. I tried my very best to not go anywhere on the day before Christmas Eve. I just went the day before that and it was already chaos! Dinner with your dad sounds fun! Glad you all had an amazing dinner and those pancakes are serious art. Hope you have a Happy New Year!
Wait.. so you cut a hole in the pants?! And here I was thinking my cutting a hole in the last piece of wrapping paper was bad. Aye aye aye, I feel for you girl!

I love that your rudolph pancakes were complete with a red nose, haha! Too funny!

It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas!
Michelle said…
It sounds like you had an awesome Christmas! I can't imagine having that many celebrations to go to, but it must be fun.
The Lady Okie said…
OH MY GOSH. I am dying about the holes in the pj pants. I'm so sorry that happened. I swear I am surprised it hasn't happened to me before. LOL!
Lisa said…
Major bummer about cutting a hole in the pj pants...I hate it when stuff like that happens!!!
Jenny Evans said…
You are so brave. Unless lives were on the line, I don't think I'd venture into a retail establishment on Christmas Eve, even to replace a ruined present. Sorry, dad.
I totally did that with a shirt this year. Cut right through the thing. Ugh!