Thursday, August 17, 2017

i hope the actual eclipse is more dramatic than this article was

I am a major local news fan, and the local ABC affiliate is my station of choice.  Don't even try to talk to me about NBC 10, CBS 3, or heaven forbid, Fox 29.  It was almost a deal breaker when I found out Matt was a CBS loyalist.  Don't worry, I've since converted him.

I grew up watching 6 ABC, and I know to this day if I call my mom and say, "Did you see Rick and Monica today?" she will immediately know I'm talking about Rick Williams and Monica Malpass, the noon and 5 pm anchors.

One of my favorite on-air moments was during Hurricane Sandy, when one meteorologist, Cecily, called another one, Adam Joseph, a moron when he was struggling with his mic.  Except Cecily's mic was still on, so her remark was broadcast for all to hear.  And then to make it more awkward, the old, wise anchor tried to smooth it over by explaining that Cecily was simply offering Adam her mic and had said, "Do you want MINE ON?"

Even though all of the Philadelphia area heard her clearly say moron.

  

Anyway, last night I was checked the weather and saw this headline, "Adam Joseph's Eclipse Forecast Breakdown."


I don't think I've ever clicked on anything faster, because I thought it was going to be Adam Joseph having a breakdown.  Over the eclipse forecast.

No, he was just breaking down the forecast.

To-may-to, To-mah-to.

Or, moron, mine on.

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Hahahaha!!! All of this is hilarious! Our ABC6 is also my favorite, and James and I can't stomach any other channel. I don't know if they still do it, but the evening anchors used to do FB live on their phones and prop them up in indiscreet locations so you could watch them on TV AND watch from their point of view and see what happens during commercial breaks. I was HOOKED.

Hilary said...

I like how the anchor says, "We're a family... we don't do that here." Not sure about you, but if there's anyone I can get away with calling a moron, it's my brother!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Bahahaha. I'm actually a fan of our local ABC station as well. It's the only one I will watch.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

LOL that you wanted him to have a breakdown. Headlines are funny!

Foxy's Domestic Side said...

hehe, you always have the funniest stories, I love it.

Brianne said...

Hahaha I love this. I miss local news. I grew up in MN watching channel NBC Kare11. Since moving to TX I just can't get into it. It's not the same!

Rebecca Jo said...

hahaha... so funny.
I have to say, it does sound like she's saying Moron :) haha...

Amy Cotton said...

Haha! I have heard so much about this eclipse and I'm just on the edge of my seat! Have a great weekend!

Deena @Shoes to Shiraz said...

I have a feeling I'm going to completely forget about this eclipse tomorrow!

Kristy Sayer-Jones @ Southern In Law said...

Sooo we didn't have an eclipse here and whilst I heard a lot from friends BEFORE the eclipse... I heard nothing after.. so was it a total let down? Haha

rooth said...

Womp womp, I'd have rather seen an actual breakdown as well

Girl Meets Bow said...

This is too funny! I love my local NBC station and I watch them every morning- the things they say are HILARIOUS!!

Sparkles and Lattes said...

Haha. That is funny that you thought the news article was something different. I have fallen victim to that too!