i'm back, and i'm married

When I started this little blog I named it Oh Laura Darling because I had the dream of one day marrying a man with the last name Darling.  I have a different last name now, but it's not Darling.  And I couldn't be happier about that.


My mom told me I need to write a post about the wedding but I struggle with writing about The Big Things.  My wheelhouse is more stories about something crazy that happened while I was grocery shopping or how I spilled coffee with a significant amount of peppermint mocha creamer all over my desk at work (true story coming soon to a blog near you).

March 8th was the best and most perfect day I could have imagined.  When it was all over that night I was standing in front of the mirror taking off my veil (and removing the fake hair that made my fancy low bun so voluminous) and I started to cry.  I am not typically a crier, so Matt came right in and asked, "Are you okay?" and I sobbed, "YES, I'M FINE.  I'M JUST SO HAPPY.

Luckily for Matt I've managed to keep my tears and my fake hair in check since March 8th.  But I am still just so happy.  

And just in case anyone was wondering what it looks like when the bride's wedding ring is dropped during the ceremony, allow me to show you...





 
Luckily the ring was located so we were able to get to the important part...

Photobucket

Comments

Emily said…
Congratulations!
Emily said…
Congratulations!
Jess said…
Congrats!!!!
Traci said…
Congratulations!! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!
Carly said…
Congratulations! You made a beautiful bride! Wishing you and your hubby lots of happiness.
ae said…
Congratulations!
Congrats on getting married...you look beautiful!!
Katiellirb said…
Congratulations!! Soo happy for you both :)
Angela said…
Congrats girl!!
Pamela said…
AWW! That is totally something I would do, ha! Congrats!!
Baby Sister said…
Awww yay!! Congratulations. I'm glad everything went well, despite the ring dropping. There has to be something at every wedding. :) Enjoy the newlywed life!!
LuLu said…
Congrats to you. Darling.

xx
LuLu
Breakfast After 10
The big things are harder to write about. You don't want to do them an injustice but it's just so hard to capture those feelings in words and relate them to others.

Congratulations! Wishing you guys a lot of happiness.
Blogger Ash said…
Congrats to you! Fun to find someone else who got married in March! I can't believe the priest dropped the ring. All's well that end's well I guess! Hope you had the most perfect day!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogpsot.com
brooke lyn said…
Congrats Mrs. Darling! ;)
The Rachael Way said…
Congrats! That is so exciting. I have missed you blogging.
Sarah said…
YAY YAY YAY!!! I've been waiting for this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michelle said…
YAY! I love this! Congrats :)

My ring was dropped during the ceremony too! I think it's a sign of a good marriage :)
Rachel said…
Congrats!!! (Rather late, though) I don't tend to write as much about the actual "big stuff" of life either, for whatever reason, so I can relate to that!! :) Happy times ahead for you guys!
Kristin said…
Been waiting for this post! Congrats girlie
Genna said…
Congratulations! I'm just catching up since I just found your blog but we got married Feb. 15 so I get what you mean about writing about "big things" because I have trouble with it too. I'm procrastinating until we get our photographer's pictures back to share it all :) ps I am usually a crier and didn't cry a drop on our wedding day and my husband thought THAT was weird!!
P!nky said…
LOVE THESE PICTURES!!! CONGRATS!
Andy Darling said…
Never knew why girls would ever want the last name Darling but as a man with that last name, let me tell you it's ridiculous the comments you get from girls saying oh i wish i could have that name.. Marry someone for who they are and not their name.
MilitaryPugWife said…
Aw, I love your pictures.
You are so freaking tiny.

We were married January 11, 2014. :)
Lots of 2014 brides in the blogging world!