Sunday, November 12, 2017

how am i going to cook my orville redenbacher

In a moment of brutal honesty, this is how our kitchen looks at this very minute.


I know, you're wishing that this picture had one of those fancy buttons you could click to pin it on your Pinterest boards under "HOUSE GOALS."

But Matt just looked around the room and said, "If you really think about, the kitchen is virtually finished."

I think we have different definitions of the word "finished."

What we also have is a brand new, operating, microwave, and tonight as I was re-heating some pizza (which I would normally do in the toaster oven, but that's currently upstairs in the guest bedroom because I had to bake chicken up there the other night when we were getting electrical work done downstairs and I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT), I took a look at the fancy presets.

What struck me was that the largest section is for "fit choices."

And on that fit choice list, a setting for prawns.


I don't know that I've ever had a prawn in my entire life, let alone frequently enough to necessitate a pre-set on my microwave.  Truth be told, I'm not even entirely sure I know a prawn is.  

Do you know what I could use a pre-set for, but don't have?

Popcorn.

Even though they are classified as kids meals, I think I'll be using the settings for hot dogs and nachos far more often than prawns and quinoa.

I also wonder if I could have used the butter softening section when I melted my peanut butter last night to drizzle on my bowl of ice cream.

How about a setting for that, Samsung.


12 comments:

Brianne said...

LOL I saw your IG story about prawns. I want to know who in the world is cooking prawns in such large quantities & frequency that there's a reheat button for it. And in case you haven't googled them, they're pretty much just larger shrimp. I love shrimp & seafood...but not enough for a reheat button. Although if I'm being honest... most stuff just gets an automatic 1-2 minutes no matter what it is.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

Why wouldn't there be a preset for popcorn? That's something normal people make in the microwave!

Faith said...

Hahahaha, prawns are bigger shrimps, lol. But heating up shrimp in the microwave and not the oven is kinda strange to me. But yeah, how they missed on having a popcorn setting is even stranger. Samsung, you had one job!

Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real said...

I don't know anyone who would want a preset for prawns on their microwave. Who decided a preset for prawns over popcorn would be a good idea?

Rebecca Jo said...

Prawns? Seriously.... wow... I'm not even sure I know what a prawn is & need to go google it.

Hena Tayeb said...

I can not believe I have never thought to do this before, melted peanut butter over ice cream.. genius.
Our microwave does not have that many presets and I don't think I have ever really used any of the presets.
We make our popcorn on the stove super old school.
You're kitchen is coming along nicely..

Rachel said...

Here, the small shrimp that is in lots of local dishes is what they call a "prawn"...might be a British English thing, though, because I've heard in the US, "prawns" are supposed to be large shrimp. I don't like them, no matter the size. I've never actually used presets on a microwave...I don't trust them, for some reason.

Kristy Sayer-Jones @ Southern In Law said...

Hahahaha I had to laugh at this because a prawn = shrimp. In Australia even though people say "throw a shrimp on the barbie!" - we actually call them prawns :P

Shrimp = prawns. But our prawns are often bigger than your shrimp. Depends where they come from!

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Seriously, this is one fancy microwave! Also, how does it not have a popcorn setting? It's judging us popcorn fans...so rude (JK)!

Audrey Louise said...

...those are weird weird weird settings and categories for a microwave. Lol. And how is there no popcorn preset?? Strangeee...

Lostvestige said...

I've always found microwave settings amusing, but these are particularly funny! I think the frozen sandwich option is kind of silly sounding!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

No popcorn? WTF!

I do love the butter pre-set though.

I had to laugh at the toaster oven upstairs. It brought back bad memories of meals I made in the living room, basement, or spare bedroom while our kitchen was being done and I felt the same...I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.