Monday, April 6, 2015

we also found a deer skeleton, but there are no pictures of that

Matt and I went geocaching for the first time on Saturday, and we found one!

Well, we didn't actually set out with the intention of finding a geocache.  It was more of a happy accident.  As we were walking along the trail Matt pointed at something off in the brush and said, "Hey what do you think that is?" and I said, "Looks to me like a piece of PVC pipe someone just littered" as I marched onward because I was ALL BUSINESS about our walk.

But Matt hiked in to investigate further and it turns out that it was a geocache with a notebook and pen and some little trinkets inside.  We walked for two more hours, and while we didn't find any other geocaches, we did find some beautiful scenery!




14 comments:

MilitaryPugWife said...

Beautiful!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I'm so out of the loop. Can geocaching be done at any time or is it like a scavenger hunt that's a race?

Beautiful scenery...minus the dead deer lol!

Emily said...

Pretty! Geocaching is fun. I've only been once with my grandpa....but very cool.

Jenn @ Business, Life & Design said...

That's really cool! Just think about all the people trying to find it and you just stumbled across it by accident. I've never tried geocaching, but it seems really fun, and like a good excuse to get outside and explore.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

What a gorgeous area! Is it near your house or an actual park?

Brittany said...

Wow. Those pictures are seriously gorgeous. My mom always tells me that I would love geocaching, but I'm yet to try it. We'll see.

Chrissy + Nate said...

Seriously, I have never known what geocaching was until this very moment. Looks exciting! Found your blog through Faith's (Life, Love, Marriage) and I can't wait to read more: you are hilarious!

Chrissy @ Everyday with the Jays

Tori G said...

What beautiful pictures!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I had to google what that meant, ha. Sounds like a cool idea!!! The scenery is gorgeous, i love walking around places like that.

Rebecca Jo said...

OK... I'm not even sure what geocaching is... but whatever it is, it led you to some cool areas.!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Beautiful pictures, especially loving that gorgeous purple flower :)

Sarah said...

You have the best scenery where you live. I'm jealous!!!

Kristen said...

that's so cool you found a geocache thingy accidentally! the scenery on your walk is gorgeous, we don't have pretty places like that near us!

Baby Sister said...

Looks like a beautiful location!! I love the pictures!!