what's been going on

We recently cut down the majority of an old crabapple tree in our backyard.  We thought we could do it all in one weekend because the tree looks practically miniature when you're gazing out at it from the kitchen window, but when you're out there chopping it down, it is gigantic.  


Plus, we are working in a swamp because our yard still hasn't dried out from the great garden hose tragedy of 2016.



---------------

I took off of work on Friday to drive to Penn State to pick Emily up for spring break, and my mom let me use her car.  She told me she had some CDs in there, and when I reached into the console, I found this. 

JACK. POT.

I listened three times on my drive there, and started it again for the drive home.  After a few songs Emily rolled her eyes and said, "Wow.  You even sing the instrumental parts."

That's when we turned on the radio.

---------------

Emily had a job interview today and I drove her.  It wasn't even my interview, but I was so nervous on her behalf that I that I was distracted from my driving and drove by the place three times before I could actually turn into the parking lot.   I could tell my navigational issues weren't calming Emily's nerves, so I tried to give her a little pep talk as I attempted to get in the correct lane for the third time.  "Think about it like this Emily," I told her, "It'll be over in an hour.  And you'll either get the job, or you won't."

My motivational speaking tour will be kicking off any day now.

---------------

Annabelle came for a visit this weekend and she's still the cutest baby around.

---------------

Em and I walked outside today.  God bless two digit temperatures that start with any digit 5 and above.


Comments

Rebecca Jo said…
Amen on that temp thing!!!
Dan Fogelberg? that is hilarious... I had to look him up because I was thinking of Dan Fogerty... & now I'm just really confused. I bet people get the 2 of them confused all the time... & for the record, I love me some Dan Hill. Let's add him in the mix for fun
Emily said…
Haha, best inspirational speech ever! Sounds about just like my big sister talking skills.
Amy said…
I miss turns when I'm nervous too! That is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen.
Holy woodpile, Batman!!

And LOL at Dan Fogelberg... he's one of my mom's faves! I have to admit I love Same Old Lang Syne by him that they play at Christmas!
lol yes to 2 digits starting with 5 and above.
annabelle is seriously cute! definitely the cutest baby around.
i feel very uncool, but i don't know who that person is on the cd.
Emily said…
Look at all that fire wood...I'm just that keep you veryl busy for a while...hoping for warmer days for you!
This weather has been amazing - love all those trees and that creek!
AiringMyLaundry said…
Great photos! Our temperatures are nice, but it's been rainy.
Love the last pic...but love the temps today even more.

I did LOL at mention of the great garden hose disaster.
Kayla MKOY said…
Look at all that wood! I bet it was hard work chopping that thing down, haha!
Evelina said…
You guys can have some amazing bonfires with all that wood! I hope your sis gets the job!
Marie said…
I love your motivational speech! I hope your sister gets the job.
Baby Sister said…
Lol! Your sister is so lucky to have you around to help cheer her up. ;)

I sometimes miss turns when I'm nervous. Or when I'm tired. And then I'm glad I'm the only one in the car and no one can make fun of me. :)

Good luck with your Crabapple!
The Lady Okie said…
Dude, so much wood! I bet you were glad to be done with that. I love your motivational speech. I bet it totally helped! ;)
Tammy Jo said…
I can't believe the yard is STILL flooded, hopefully it dries out soon!
Yes to two digit temps with 5 or higher!! Too funny on your CD excitement - but great music! And the garden hose tragedy - ha! True enough if it's still muddy!