a whole bunch of things that aren't really related

Welp, I just washed my hair with apple cider vinegar.

Just your typical Thursday around here.

I read about the benefits of apple cider vinegar online the other day, and figured I’d give it a whirl because who can say no to something that promises such REMARKABLE RESULTS?  

NOT. I.

My hair does feel very smooth and clean, but unfortunately I smell like I went for a swim in a pickle jar.  Here’s hoping that subsides by tomorrow morning, because last week I showed up to work smelling like a margarita, and if I show up tomorrow smelling like a hoagie sandwich with excessive condiments, people might start exercising their constitutional right to complain.

I’m sad to say that my vinegar hair washing experience was one of the most exciting things that happened this week.  I spent the majority of the day yesterday making trips to the biggest window in the office to monitor the arrival of what the meteorologists promised would be A MAJOR WINTER WEATHER EVENT.  

But when I left work at 5:30?  

DRY AS A BONE.  

In fact, the BIRDS WERE CHIRPING.  I turned on my windshield wipers as I drove home in a show of solidarity with the ever-optimistic weather people and an attempt to will the sky to snow, but it was all in vain.  

The night was completely precipitation-free, which just goes to show you that no one can create panic for a few million people quite like Philadelphia meteorologists who cry snowstorm.

On Tuesday I spent the day in court, as per usual, but the judge took me and another paralegal out to lunch which was an unexpected bonus.  I rode shotgun on the way to the restaurant and made sure I clicked my seat belt VERY LOUDLY AND SECURELY when we got into the car because I’d hate to commit a legal infraction while in the car with a member of the judiciary.  

We didn’t talk about cases during lunch because EX PARTE COMMUNICATION ALERT, and I tried my hardest to keep my use of legal puns to a minimum.  That was very difficult for me and I literally had to bite my tongue on more than one occasion so I wouldn’t say YOU BE THE JUDGE OF THAT when we were discussing things like the best Penn State quarterbacks and whether bacon or sausage tastes better on a breakfast sandwich.

I did have a pretty funny/witty one liner on the ride back to the courthouse and told the judge he could feel free to use it when he took the bench to make a decision in a big case, just as long as I got some credit via a shout out on the record, so we’ll see how that goes.  

 The ball is in his court now.

There I go again.

It’s like I can’t even help it.

Once again I have several hours of overtime this week so I am planning to take a long, leisurely, middle-of-the-daycation tomorrow.  The last time I did that my car died, so fingers crossed I don’t have a repeat of that little incident. 

Speaking of my car, the other day I mentioned to Matt that I had another concern about Old Blue.  I told him that while I didn’t notice anything different mechanically or performance-wise, heard no strange sounds, and didn’t see any leaks, I was worried because I just felt like my foot was working harder than it normally does when I drive.  

I asked him if he could take a look-see, but I imagine it’s challenging to diagnose a car issue when the only complaint is a tired foot.

Matt was silent for a long time and then very carefully said, “Well...I can look at it for you... but do you think it’s possible that you’re still just a little freaked out by the battery dying last week?”

It turns out that I THINK THAT IS VERY POSSIBLE AND QUITE LIKELY THE EXPLANATION.  WELCOME TO MY BRAIN.

Matt can read me like a book.

So that’s going to be a fun little weekend activity. 

Happy Friday! 

Photobucket

Comments

*LO* said…
You continually crack me up with these posts! You are so quirky and witty and its highly entertaining ( the kind where I'm laughing WITH you and not at you hehe). The line about the hoagie is the best!
Baby Sister said…
Oh I just love when meteorologists predict something HUGE and nothing happens. It's such a let down!! Good luck with getting rid of the smell, I hope it ends up being worth it because man that stuff stinks!!
Robin said…
I hope you won't get in trouble if he gets annoyed by your legal puns in the future, but even if you do, you'll have your day in court. :)
HAHA...sorry...had to try...
Kirsten said…
Oh goodness. This gave me several laughs. Thank you!

Apple Cider Vinegar is so Friday night to give me plenty of time to smell nice by Sunday/Monday.

-Kirsten
mylifetintedpink.blogspot.com
ae said…
I have also read about the hair benefits of vinegar. I just cannot bring myself to actually use it on my hair. I have an irrational fear that I will never get rid of the smell! :)
Apple cider vinegar?! Very interesting. I may just need to try that out!
Isn’t That Charming.
Amy said…
i love reading your posts, your humor is like crack to me...not that i use crack...maybe this wasn't the best metaphor.
Anways...hopefully your car holds up and you're no longer smelling like a pickle. :)
Apple cider vinegar, huh? That's definitely one I haven't heard before!
Traci said…
You are totally cracking me up. Seriously. Have a great weekend.
Hmm.. I might have to try this apple cider vinegar concoction? Haha hope the smell went away!

xoxo Jamie
Faith said…
Apple cider vinegar? What will they think up next?

I wish I could be as wrong in my career as the weather people are. Almost funny how often they are wrong.

Hope you had a great weekend!
hahaha the lunch sounds fun, even if you had to keep your wittiness to yourself andI get paranoid of cars all the time...I blame car commercials becasue when I have an old car it's all i can think about getting a new one and now that i have a new one everything is fine hahaha make sense?
I'm like that in Target too, it's a dangerous place, everything is at your fingertips and inexpensive!