Tuesday, July 10, 2012

can't even try to tie this together

Guess what.  I just logged on to facebook and saw that the three singers I follow updated their pages at the exact same time!  What are the chances that Celine Dion, Michael Bolton, and Flo Rida would all have something facebook worthy occurring simulataneously?

Yes, those are the three singers that I follow.  An eclectic group, but I believe each reflects a key part of my personality.

Classy, thoughful, and a little bit gangsta.
And right now my parents are shaking their heads.

Holla.

I actually listened to Celine's greatest hits on Saturday morning while I cleaned (I know) and cooked (I. KNOW.).  

I can't explain what came over me, but before I knew it I had vacuumed, dusted, washed the windowsills and woodwork, organized the kitchen cabinets, made a breakfast casserole AND a loaf of banana bread.  

Just like Martha Stewart.  

Except Martha probably would have dusted with some fancy all-natural wood polish instead of a can of lemon pledge.  

And she definitely would have remembered to grease the pan before she baked the banana bread.  

BUT ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY.

After my day of domesticity I went to the Phillies game with Stacy. 

I didn't even notice the temperature.

It was brisk, really.

 Unfortunately, as soon as we arrived they rolled the tarp over the field/diamond/area of play in preparation for a whopper of a storm headed straight for the stadium.  After the National Anthem all spectators were instructed to TAKE COVER and so take cover we did. 


After about forty five minutes, some incredibly gusty wind, and a light rain shower we were allowed to return to our seats because THE SHOW MUST GO ON, as they say on Broadway and in major league baseball.

I'm sad to report that the Phillies were behind the entire game, and ended up losing 6-3.  Although a fan did run across the field in the eighth inning which added some much appreciated late-game drama.  Fear not, he was apprehended by some speedy Phillies playaz and security personnel and was, I assume, PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.

Despite the fact that the Phillies lost, I paid more attention during this game than I have during any other in my life.  I actually understood a lot of what was going on, which really made the game more enjoyable.  

I've come a long way from my first baseball game.  It was five years ago, and Matt and I weren't dating yet.  My college roommate was coming to visit for a few days and the three of us decided to go to a Phillies game together.  

After the game started I asked Matt (aka the Phillies' NUMBER ONE FAN) who our batter was.

I didn't know that everyone takes turns batting.

I thought it was a one man job.

I can only imagine what was going through Matt's head when I asked that question, but he patiently explained how the batting order works and that it's not just a job assigned to one player, and I laughed and said "I HAD NO IDEA THAT'S HOW IT WORKED!" 

And that was probably the moment he thought THIS GIRL IS A CATCH.

We've been dating for four years this month, and lucky for me he still thinks the same thing.  

It must be because I'm classy and thoughtful.  And a little bit gangsta.





4 comments:

Steph said...

Hahah, I love all of this post! Also, baseball is SO much more fun in person than on tv. I find myself watching the game closely while we are at the stadium, but if it's on tv I'm probably asleep.

Baby Sister said...

Ugh. 100 degrees? It's supposed to get up in the triple digits here this week. I'm glad I've been inside mostly. That's awesome you and Matt have been together for so long. :)

thompson said...

i love that you have such a random music choice. the more random, the better! and booo on the phillies losing. not cool

Miss Amy said...

Hilarious - I love that you follow all three. Although.... Michael Bolton still scares me a little bit.