just your typical educational weekend outing

Matt and I went to the Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site this weekend.  It was cloudy and rainy but we still learned a lot!


















 This was a self-guided tour, and there was an older couple behind us for much of it.  When we got into this building, the older woman started making a huge fuss over that wooden cart on the right.  She went on and on about how beautiful it was and must have told her husband, Jim, that a cart like that would be so great to have around the house at least thirteen times.  Finally Jim looked at her and said, "Carole!  We already have a wheel barrow just like that in the backyard!"






Comments

aimymichelle said…
that place looks amazing.
Hi dear!
Love so much you're blog, follow u :)

My name in GFC is: sexy_paige_cucu.
Hope u follow back!

Lot of kisses.
http://universeofmyshoes.blogspot.com.es/
Helene said…
great pics Laura!! i love doing stuff like that.

Helene in Between
100 Follower giveaway!
Angela said…
Bahaha about the story of the old couple. This looks really fun. My husband and I are headed up to New Endland for Thanksgiving and are hoping to find some good finds like this one.
Thanks for sharing,

xo
Angela
immerlight said…
Amazing fall pictures! And beautiful place!
http://beautyofheworld.blogspot.be/
Abi K. said…
what amazing photos, I love love Fall, any nature pictures capture my attention. you did a great job at taking the photos.
thanks for stopping by my blog, I am now following you on gfc
Abigail K
www.abi-asaturdaymorning.blogspot.com

Sarah said…
Bacon for 10 cents?! You can just SIGN ME UP!
Sarah said…
ps. I like your new backgroung!! :)
Angi said…
Those are some beautiful pictures! I could go for some 20 cent chocolate right now ;)
SMD said…
Stunning photos!
Cassie said…
Such beautiful pictures!! Are those antique stove pieces? So great! You've captured fall in its finest. x
Jane said…
Wow! These pictures are beautiful. What a picture perfect Fall day. And, I would totally take some 10 cent bacon!
Brooke Houston said…
These pictures are awesome! I especially love the one with leaves.
Amy said…
You take some of the most beautiful pictures!
REBrown said…
This place looks awesome!
Baby Sister said…
I wish we still had those prices...you're pictures are beautiful!! The place looks amazing!!

P.S. I love your new background!!
val said…
WOW! What a beautiful place! That last picture of all the furniture pieces (guessing that's what those are) is really interesting!
Jessica Gehman said…
I love love love Hopewell, but Johanna Furnace is definitely my favorite :)