Monday, April 8, 2013

if only i knew how to pin this picture to pinterest


Hello.

How are you?

I am great.  Just drinking some lemonade and writing this post from my new cloffice.

That's right.

Cloffice.  

Let me explain.

I know people are OB to the SESSED with Pinterest.  However, Pinterest has been a trend that I have largely been able to avoid aside from the time that I logged on in search of a blueberry muffin recipe and instead ended up spray painting a cheese grater a lovely shade of aqua to display on my bathroom counter and house my dangly earrings.

In addition to distracting me, Pinterest makes me want to spend a lot of money and paint every flat surface in my apartment with chalkboard paint.  And because I don't need more debt or dust in my life, I tend to STEER CLEAR of the Pinterest.

Anyway, one night last week I was looking around online when one thing led to another and before I knew it, I was on Pinterest looking at pictures of simple closets that had been miraculously transformed into functional, aesthetically pleasing office spaces.

And I thought to myself, "Hey, that's a cool idea. And I just so happen to have two closets in my bedroom."  And so at 11:00 at night I climbed out of bed, emptied one closet and threw its contents in a large mound on the floor, slid my desk into the empty closet, got back in bed, and went to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning and saw the giant mound of clothes, shoes, and purses on the floor I was immediately reminded of the poor decision I made the night before.  

Good morning, regret.

It was like a little Pinterest hangover.

I ignored the pile of junk for several days while I had myself a little internal debate about whether or not I should go through with creating a cloffice or just shove everything back in the closet and PRETEND THAT NIGHT NEVER HAPPENED.

In the end I decided to go through with it, because now I can say cloffice several times a day and OH, I LOVE A GOOD MADE UP CONTRACTION.

I finally got to use the word in action the other night when Matt came to pick up. 

I was only 98% ready at the time of his arrival because you can always add more lip gloss.  So while I applied my 3-D Glitzy Glamour Gloss in the bathroom mirror, Matt stood in the hallway so we could talk.  After a few minutes he looked in my room and said, "Hey, what did you do with your desk?"

"Oh," I said, "it's in my cloffice."

 It was a Kodak moment.  The look of astonishment on his face was priceless.

And for your enjoyment, here's the cloffice in all her glory.



Photobucket

26 comments:

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Haha - this post made me laugh out loud. I love that you went for it! And honestly I can totally see this being a great place to work! At least you have no distractions in the cloffice.. ;P
Isn’t That Charming.

Sarah said...

Adorable! I wish I had an extra closet to make a reading nook.

Jess from Vintage Pie said...

This is hilarious! Your writing is fantastic, and your cloffice isn't too bad either :D Love it!

Robin said...

I think it looks great!
LOL at the cheese grater incident.

Kelsey Higgins said...

The looks SO cute!! I don't have a second closet, but now you are making me want to ditch the one I DO have and make it into a little work space! So awesome! :)

ae said...

Super cute cloffice! Pinterest can be dangerous! ;)

Corinne said...

oh I really like it! I agree with you about Pinterest - although I'm one of those people whose addicted. And can't stop. It's bad. REAL bad.

Abbey said...

love this.

Jessica Gehman said...

Love that you actually did this! I told hubs I'm putting the desk in the closet in our new house and he said no way in H*LL was he sitting in a closet while paying bills. darn.

Stephanie said...

I LOVE YOUR CLOFFICE!!

Jennifer said...

I love your cloffice. When I was a kid in the 80's, I had this binder of articles and stories called "Teen Works;" it was like "Weekly Reader" for older kids. There was a closet desk DIY article in there and I always thought it would be a really cool thing to do. :)

Steph said...

Well, this is just adorable! And the fact that you got out of bed, emptied your closet onto the floor, and got back into bed cracks. me. up.

Anonymous said...

Theѕe ρroducts woгk together to ensure аn individuаl performѕ these tаsks cοrrectly.

The major artiсle directories likе Ezines, go aгticles and Isnaгe will not aсcept anything over 2%. The truth is that it starts at the side of your browser, depending on the level of" professionalism" that they are conversant with some seo techniques practices that are safe, non-manipulative and plain in nature. Customers are cautious when it comes to a site's normal search performance.

My web site :: palei diet

Maggie said...

I LOVE this!! And the word. Awesome.

This is so cute and clever :)May just try to steal this idea.

Sarah and Stewart said...

Wow, that looks so great! Pinterest is evil though, I sometimes look up and realize I have been sucked in for hours... yet somehow I never manage to do any of the projects or make any of the recipes.

Sarah said...

Ha! Cloffice. Love it. I actually work from home and if we have another kid while in this house, my office will be in the bedroom. Might have to make my own little cloffice. :)

Check out my Stella and Dot Giveaway!
www.sarahandderek.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Creаtе rеpeat custоmers whο κeeρ
сοming back fοr more. Јuѕt lіke" crowd-sourcing" sounds
ѕo - well, yоu nееd to know and tгust.
Βut thе logic ends theгe. It is not οne specific maгkеting campаign
oг preѕs releaѕe; rаther, it іs best that you do nοt
wіѕh to spend loadѕ of mοnеy on getting them beautifully photοgгаphеԁ.
In an intеrview on the Τoday prοgrаmme buѕіnеss this mοrnіng, June 16, 2011 at a pricе of 0.


Alѕo visit mу рage - internet marketing in tucson

Jenna said...

Things I love about this post:
A) The word "cloffice"
B) The phrase "Pinterest hangover"
C) I HAVE THAT SAME FEELING. Not so much from Pinterest but from getting "bright ideas" at like 10 o'clock at night and throwing all the clothes on the floor and being like "oh. now i'm tired." and a week later, there those clothes sit.

*LO* said...

i'm totally digging this space!!!!!!! i LOVE it. the lights are awesome :)

Baby Sister said...

Lol. Pinterest is SOOO dangerous sometimes. I go through phases. I do like your cloffice though, it looks nice. :)

Breezy Brie said...

Hey! That actually turned out really nice! And you made it sound like it would be a disaster!

Brie ~ Breezy Pink Daisies

Tamara said...

I love the new phrase "Cloffice"! We hardly have any closet space in our house so I couldn't sacrifice even if I wanted too. Maybe one day...

Yours is really cute!! You did a great job decorating.

Ashley Lee said...

love the Cloffice lol. I need to do this in my spare room!! Its half my office & half closet. lol.

Mila said...

haha this is great!!! I wish my closet was big enough for this!

Jessica Estrella said...

I don't want to be an enabler for you, but that cloffice is seriously amazing. And if you get it messy, you can just close the doors and not have to look at it... I would love that. I am very impressed! And it's funny that you talk about Pinterest because I just did my first 'DIY' project yesterday and I'm obsessed and have a desire to just spray paint everything!

tiarenie said...

I love your cloffice!! I want one! Good for you for staying away from Pinterest.. Its dangerous and also makes me want to paint my whole house in chalkboard paint!!