never let it be said i don't know how to show my guests a good time

On Saturday afternoon I drove to my parents' house, as per my weekly custom, to talk and attempt to score any yummy leftovers that they may be trying to get rid of.  My mom mentioned that she and my dad were going to the spring fling at church that night, and that my sister wasn't joining them because apparently 17 is the age when you are officially TOO COOL for the church spring fling.   

When I heard Emily had a free night, I asked her if she wanted to go bowling with me and then sleep over at my apartment.  Obviously she was ALL IN.  The whole bowling event will be a separate post because if I write about it now this post will transform into a novella but oh, it was entertaining.

On our way to my apartment Emily and I stopped at Target.  I asked Emily to go get me a box of Cheez-Its while I picked up a few other things, namely laundry detergent and drain cleaner because MY LIFE IS VERY GLAMOROUS.  I got sidetracked in the nail polish aisle as usual and when I found Emily ten minutes later, she was wandering in the soup aisle, empty handed and looking totally confused. 

When she saw me she said, "...Heyyyyy...soooooo...I can't find the Cheez-It's..."  

I will admit that I am a very seasoned Target shopper, but Emily just scored into a VERY IMPRESSIVE percentile of the critical reading section of the SATs, and was standing two aisles away from a big red sign that said CRACKERS.

I may or may not have made a comment regarding her SAT scores and their implementation into reality, but she got me back on our way to the car.  She mentioned how boring her life is going to be when the school play is over and she doesn't have rehearsals anymore.

"Boring is okay sometimes, Em.  Think of it as simplicity.  Look at me.  I don't have an exceptionally thrilling life, but I'm always happy."

Words of wisdom. 

Or so I thought, until Emily said, "I guess, but it's Saturday night and you're at Target buying Cheez-Its and Drano."
  
WELL PLAYED.

We bowled on Saturday night, and then on Sunday we ran a few errands before I dropped Emily off.  We went to the gas station and the bank, because I like to start my week with a full gas tank and bank account.  

And then we stopped in a pet store to see a WORLD FAMOUS two headed turtle.

I don't even like turtles and the pet store smelled like, well, a pet store. 

But I'm pretty sure the trip there propelled my life straight into the EXCEPTIONALLY THRILLING category and that was ultimately my goal.

I bet Emily wishes she could come back this weekend.

Comments

Angela said…
Haha sounds like an entertaining weekend for sure! She should be lucky to be included in such plans with you! :)
Robin said…
I see nothing wrong with being at Target on a Friday night. :)
ae said…
A trip to Target is always a glamorous event! ;)
Stephanie said…
That cheez it line had me cracking up. Touche, teenager, touche!
Spending Saturday evening shopping at Target sounds just fine to me!
Anonymous said…
isomoJeme xaikalitag Wemsensulge [url=http://uillumaror.com]iziananatt[/url] oradssoariele http://gusannghor.com Jealtylayence
Baby Sister said…
Lol. The adventures you and Emily have are always so entertaining. We little sisters are always good at delivering those necessary zings. :)
Jessica said…
Hahaha. This post is awesome! If it makes you feel better, I've spent MANY a Saturday night at Target looking at crackers and other non-interesting items. :)

And that turtle(s?) is kinda creepy! Bet it was weird to be that close and see it in person!
Breezy Brie said…
haha too funny. sometimes I feel like my life isn't that exciting either, but I love it and that's really all that matters :)

Brie - Breezy Pink Daisies
Anonymous said…
http://www.mfg.com/usa/tramadolonline/#17982 tramadol withdrawal day 8 - tramadol dosage 200 mg
Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! This made me laugh, especially the part where your sister pointed out that it was a Saturday night and you were in Target buying cheese-it's and drano, LOL. Sounds like the relationship you have with your sister is very similar to the relationship I have with my sister....just fast forward some years, as we are 29 and 30. I like the look of your blog and the way you write. I will be following (through GFC).

Jackie @ The Non-Martha Momma
Tonis Ton said…
Hey! Great post I just came across
your blog and I love it! It would
be amazing if you could visit my blog too.
We can also follow each other if you like! :)
kariotakis
http://herakliografeioteleton.blogspot.gr