Thursday, April 18, 2013

my how times have changed

Well, here we are at the end of another week.  It has been largely uneventful for me, unless of course you count the fact that Michelle and I went to the drive-thru Dairy Queen at 9:00 tonight because WHY NOT?

I also spent more hours than I care to admit searching for some colored skinny pants for the spring and summer because they are adorable and I do like to jump on a trend.

I have visited countless retail establishments over the last week and tried on every size, style, pattern, and color of skinny pants that exist.  That extensive market research has led me to the following conclusion.  Covering my legs in pastel, neon, and/or primary colored denim is not a good look for me.

And so I will continue to wear my boring, yet practical, plain denim jeans and black pants.

When Michelle and I got home from our Dairy Queen run this evening, we started looking at old pictures of ourselves in honor of throwback Thursday.

And photographic evidence shows that there was indeed a time when I embraced the colored, patterned pant.


Maybe one day these will come back in style.


Photobucket

21 comments:

Baby Sister said...

Lol. I have never understood the whole skinny jean thing...but I totally dig the flower shorts!! :)

Anonymous said...

A diet built upon the consumption of whole,
natural foods, like vegetables and meat, and grains can be a fun project.
Immediately following exercise, imbibe a recovery drink is
recommended composed of carbohydrates and proteins at a ratio of 40 percent carbohydrates, 30 percent protein and 30 percent from fat.


My site: the paleo diet food list

Robin said...

I feel like colored pants look great on anyone except me!

Sam M said...

The only place I've found colored pants that I really like are from Ann Taylor Loft. I have their mustard yellow ones in modern skinny, and they're amaze balls.

Sarah and Stewart said...

Colorful skinny jeans don't look good on me, either. My calves are too big and I have no butt to even out the curves... it's just bad. So sadly I have to avoid this trend as well. Adorable pics!

Becky said...

Ohhh I was all about the pattern floral pants when I was little too! :)

Melanie Martin said...

You can never go wrong with denim! And floral pants were totally the thing when I was little and I LOVED them! Haha

Melanie
http://tyler-and-melanie.blogspot.com

Angela said...

I love all the colored and patterned jeans right now, but I do not own any...yet. Not sure why I just don't love them on me.

Shanley said...

Ha ha this made my day. Funny how trends recycle themselves huh? I too love the skinny jean look but decided it's probably not for me!

Elizabeth said...

Haha I love looking at old pics, you were such a cute kid!

Rebecca S. said...

You could so rock the vintage floral pants!

Courtney B said...

Totally had a little "birthday party" for my hubs at DQ! Ha ha! The man loves his blizzards!
And I bet colored skinnies are WAY cute on you! It's a look you definitely have to get used to though.

tiarenie said...

ahh dairy queen drive thru!! i wish i had one of those...

Emily said...

It's embarrassing how much time I spend either a) thinking about patterned/colored pants and b) searching online for the perfect pair. My legs are not having this trend. Thanks a lot, legs.

Deidre said...

I don't wear jeans...so it's not really a trend for me. Bu you were rocking the patterns back in the day :)

Brenda Wilkerson said...

I can't pull off the colored skinny jeans either. I love them on other people, but I've tried on so many brands and styles and never NOT looked like a clown!

meme-and-he said...

you've been stylin since the womb!! I have one pair of colored jeans and I wear them wayyy too often. They are fun!

Faith said...

You so need to keep looking! Haha!! :)

Sam @ The Junk House said...

Now I'm craving DQ...and that's probably why I can't wear colorful skinny jeans! haha!

E said...

I love the idea of bright pants too. But I have the same problem with them. And DQ is never a bad idea. :)

E said...

I love the idea of bright pants too. But I have the same problem with them. And DQ is never a bad idea. :)