Wednesday, October 22, 2014

a lesson in humility

Emily has now been living it up in college for eight weeks.

I haven't seen her since August, and the other night I was thinking about how this is approximately seven times longer than we've ever been apart before.

And then it dawned on me that I too went away to college.  And we survived those four years just fine.

In any event, our cousin is getting married on the 31st and Emily will be making her grand return to town for the wedding.  Last week, I saw a post of hers pop up on Instagram, and the caption loaded before the picture did because HAVE I MENTIONED OUR POOR CELL PHONE SERVICE?

This was the caption:


A goof that she is so excited to see in fifteen days?  Well naturally, I figured that the picture, when it loaded, would be of me.

And now, the picture:


THE FAMILY DOG.

Obviously I sent her an urgent message expressing my displeasure, and then she posted this one to appease me.  It was nice, but it was definitely "prompted" and what some in the biz may call "too little, too late."

(The biz? I have no idea.  It sounded good so I went with it.)



And then, yesterday.  Yet another post to Instagram with an enticing hashtag referencing three countdowns.  I waited on the edge of my seat for that picture to load, and in turn, her countdown to me.

Please feast your eyes on the countdowns:


The royal baby.  The dog.  And Christmas.

#IGuessISeeWhereIRank
#WhatsASisterGottaDoToGetOnTheCountdownList

Hey Em, it's now nine days.  You know, just in case you're counting.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Kelley Gilster said...

Awww it's always the best counting down to reuniting with someone close to you! I bet these couple weeks will fly by.

Brittany said...

This is wonderful. Definitely a sister thing to do.

Emily said...

Don't younger sisters realize that without us they'd be nothing?! We older sisters molded them into the cool human beings that they are today.

Robin said...

This made me LOL!

Rebecca Jo Vincent said...

Don't feel bad - I usually post pictures on where I love my dogs more then my husband (KIDDING... on some days)

Sarah said...

haha, this is hilarious! And that is one slow internet service!

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said...

This is awesome. Lol. Sister love! I'm obsessed over the royal baby too.

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

This is absolutely adorable! And so sounds like my sisters and I talking to each other via social media. We are always messing around like that. But I guess that's what sisters are for, huh? ;)

Hi, by the way! Your blog is super cute! :)

Baby Sister said...

Hahahahaha. Wow, I'm sorry. I would be tormenting my sisters if I were in your shoes.