that time i got sentimental


Matt and I have been married for seven months today.  Not eight months, as I initially thought the other night when I burst dramatically into the kitchen and proclaimed, "This month is our GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY! Eight months on the eighth!"

And Matt thought for a moment and then said, "Actually, March to October is only seven months."

Listen. Time flies when you're having fun.

Also, perhaps we should rethink who handles the budget.

Anyway, I know this is going to sound so cheesy but when April ended, I remember thinking, "April was my favorite month of marriage yet."  And then I thought the same thing about May.  And June.  And every month since.  I feel like we have settled into our routine and even though we have been friends for TEN YEARS (we calculated the other day, we are old) and dated for five, we are still learning all sorts of new little things about each other.

For example, I have learned that Matt does not utilize the sleep button on the alarm clock, loves to keep me up to date on the weather forecast and if I will need an umbrella/sweater/ice scraper, and sleeps with a flashlight next to our bed "just in case." And he makes me laugh all the time.

And I love funny.

Just this morning I was up at 5:40, an hour and a half earlier than normal (unlike Matt, I am a big fan of the sleep button), because I had an early meeting two hours away.  I was grumpily drying my hair and I could hear Matt humming cheerfully in the bathroom as he got out of the shower and brushed his teeth.  When he came into the bedroom, his humming got louder and quite impassioned, and after a few minutes, he said, "Well, have you noticed anything different about my humming recently?"

Unfortunately I had to tell him that no, I hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

"I've been humming Christmas carols the past few days!" he said.  "I'm just trying to ease into the season."

And at 5:40 this morning, that made me so happy.  Partly because he knew it would make me laugh, and partly because that is so Matt - a well thought out procedure for everything.

I even got a text from him this afternoon asking what I'd like to do for Valentine's Day.  It would seem that someone has holidays on the brain.

In honor of our seven months of marriage, here are seven wedding pictures.

(Actually, it's way more than seven.  But I'm not the math person, remember?)












 







Comments

Breann Hays said…
So sweet! Congratulations!
Robin said…
You look gorgeous! Your wedding also seems more "real" than others I have seen pictures of; more about the marriage than the ceremony.

Have you seen the list of traditional anniversary gifts for each year? http://www.hallmark.com/anniversary/ideas/anniversary-gift-ideas/
P!nky said…
Your dress is gorgeous!!! Happy anniversary! Monthly anniversarys are the best the first year! ENJOY! xoxo
Ahh - young love :)
What a stunning bride!!!

For me, tell him to stop humming Christmas carols. I dread Christmas... Or maybe I need to start transitioning myself... I'll start humming today.
Traci said…
What beautiful pictures! You should post more about the wedding!
Humming Christmas carols... hehe, that is sooo cute! You looked goregous! LOVE your dress!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com
Great photos! Especially the shoes.

Happy 7 months! Time does fly. MFD and I have known each other for 24 years, been together 12, and we married for four in September. We're still uncovering things about each other!
Brittany said…
What a perfect couple! Love these pictures.
Sarah said…
yay for wedding pictures. Happy 7 month months of marriage. the past almost 10 years has gone so quickly for me! I blinked and we're at 10 years!
So sweet.

Loved the photos. Your dress is beautiful.
Paige Gunter said…
Beautiful pictures, Laura! Your husband sounds very sweet. Laughter does help, doesn't it? :) Justin doesn't use snooze either. I do not understand such people.
Baby Sister said…
Yay wedding pictures!! Congratulations. :) I love your veil, it's beautiful!! Here's to a happy three more months until you get to the year mark. That will be fun!!
Brittany said…
I love his humming story!! So cute