Wednesday, October 15, 2014

i just keep telling myself i'm young at heart

Well, I have aged thirty years in the last five days.

Let me explain.

On Friday, I paid a visit to the podiatrist and left with some sweet new orthotics for my shoes.

On Sunday, I was doing my hair when I discovered a big gray patch right in front.  After a few moments of panic and a desperate text to my sister, it occurred to me that the gray may have been the result of an overenthusiastic application of dry shampoo. However, I haven't used the dry shampoo in two days and I haven't noticed a change, so I'm not feeling very optimistic about this development.



And then today, I walked into my office at work only to discover this on my desk.


Way to kick a girl when she's down, AARP.

I guess the least I can hope for are some discounts on orthotics and hair dye.



9 comments:

Emily said...

I got an AARP card in the mail at the ripe young age of 18.....
I feel your pain. Bummer about the "grey" patch. Hope it's just shampoo.

Baby Sister said...

Oh that is so not nice. I hate when I get stuff from the AARP or what have you in the mail. I am 29, I'm not that old. Luckily I have yet to find any gray hair, so kudos to that. :) I'd go with the shampoo answer if I were you. :)

Pamela said...

haah you're crazy! Such joys of us getting older, ugh!

Traci said...

Go directly to the salon for highlights! I started highlighting several years ago & here I am almost 41 with no grey hair! I'm not so naive in actually believing that it's not there but with all of the highlights there's no way for me to actually see it. If I can't see it it's not there right?!

Brittany said...

I find grey hairs all the time. At this point, it's just a waiting game until I have to dye it.

Rebecca Jo Vincent said...

When I discovered my first gray (at about 30) I was at work & I totally & literally cried like someone in my family died. I came out of the work bathroom & people were so freaked out that something was wrong. I called my husband on the cell & couldn't even talk. It was really that dramatic.

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said...

Hahaha. Love reading your blog! I turned 30 recently and just before the big birthday I ended up having to get glasses, dental work, etc. It was a total bummer!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

haha! I got an AARP card in the mail last year, LOL. Welcome to the club...hehe.

Martha Woods said...

I've gotten the AARP mag too! Obviously they're not paying close attention to the people they send it to...