Sunday, October 12, 2014

i'm not typically high maintenance when it comes to hotels

I was on a quick work trip for a few days last week.  The day before the trip, a group of us received an urgent email from an administrative assistant letting us know that there had been a mix up with the hotel reservations.  Our hotel was being changed from the fancy Holiday Inn Express to the not quite as fancy Quality Inn.  Not only that, but there were ten people going on the trip and only nine rooms available.  And since there were no other rooms at any other hotels in the area, she pleaded for two people to volunteer to share a room.

Since I've been  workin' girl, I've learned that being on the good side of the administrative assistants can be worth its weight in gold.  So I sent a quick email to tell her that I would be willing to share a room if she still needed a volunteer.

Which is how I ended up spending Wednesday night in a hotel room with someone I've never met before.

The rooming situation turned out to be fine, but the pillow situation?  

As you can see, The Quality Inn promised me a Q bed with NOT ONLY 200 thread count sheets, but also a generous supply of fluffy pillows.

I know what you're thinking.  How lucky can a girl get?


Well, it would seem the Quality Inn and I have a different interpretation of the word "generous."

9 comments:

Tracy said...

That is such a bummer! I also require a generous number of pillows so that would not have worked for me either.

Robin said...

Haha! That's ONE nice pillow ya got there! :)

Erin said...

this made me laugh out loud.

Brittany said...

Ugh. Nope. Call me a diva, but I would have been at the front desk asking for a couple more, please.

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said...

Hahahaha! What the heck?! Was there a pillow shortage?

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Paige Gunter said...

Oh, my! Please tell me they at least brought you another pillow?

Baby Sister said...

You are better than I am. I don't think I could have ever volunteered. Also, that bed is pathetic, as well as the one pillow...
I am probably way too picky with hotels...luckily Aaron let's me do all the picking and when I travel with my sisters they are just as picky. :)

Sarah said...

That is hysterical. I'm glad you weren't there on a day they were being skimpy with the pillows! ;)

Sarah said...

That is hysterical. I'm glad you weren't there on a day they were being skimpy with the pillows! ;)