Wednesday, August 12, 2015

vote for me

It seems like everywhere I turn these days, someone is talking about the presidential election that's happening in the not-quite-near-enough-future.

Since there's already upwards of twenty candidates, I figured I'd toss my name in the ring too because what's one more?  In fact, I've had my platform established since I was in third grade, a whopping nineteen (ohmygosh I'm old) years ago.


If I were president I would make everyone live in a manchine.

I meant mansion, obviously.  My spelling has improved since 1996.  And my nine year old self was evidently VERY IMPRESSED with the idea of a mansion because I initially wrote "castle" and crossed it out.

I would make there be seat belts on the bus.

I would make all Catholic schools, but half day.


I think it's as good a platform as any, really.  See you on the campaign trail.

22 comments:

Evelina said...

Haha this is so cute! I love the brand new handwriting

Bethany Carson said...

Go Laura! I'm cheering for you!

MilitaryPugWife said...

Vote for Elle!!
I mean, Laura!!!
:)

Whitney @ Work it Mommy said...

Im dying!!! These are great. Very diplomatic of you ;)

Laura Christian said...

Hahaha! This is so great. What a wise third grader :)

Bijoux said...

Hilarious! Your handwriting alone should put you at the top of the list of candidates.

Frikken Duckie said...

LOVE this! My 7-year-old daughter just told me that she wants to be president when she gets older too!

Lindsay @ Broke and Bougie said...

I mean this is just as good a platform as a lot of the candidates! (:

I love the "manchine"! I wanted to run for mayor in 3rd grade and my main requirement was that everyone has to plant a tree in their yard. I was very impressed with trees instead of mansions haha!

Ashley said...

Well, if i'm getting a manchine then i'm totes votin' for you!

Rebecca Jo said...

About as much platform to stand on as others I've seen actually running :)

Krysten Quiles said...

Haha oh this is too funny!

Katelyn Sloan said...

This is the cutest!!

ae said...

Love this! I wanted to be president at one point too. I even drew campaign signs for the year 2020 (the first year I would be eligible to run).

Lauren said...

A castle would have just been greedy. Better to keep everyone in their places with a mere mansion :)

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Hahahaha, dying!! Kids do come up with the darndest things! But seatbelts on the bus? I always wondered why they don't have seatbelts on school buses... shouldn't that be the most important place to have them??

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

LOLOL @ manchine.

Sign me up for a bumper sticker!

Mree said...

haha! This is so cute. I would totally vote for you. You had very nice handwriting at a young age. My handwriting is terrible. The nuns at my school would tell me all the time how I had bad handwriting. haha

Baby Sister said...

not-near-enough-future is right! I would totally vote for you, which means you have to run now. You can't get all of our hopes up!

Trish said...

Lol! This is so cute! Where do I cast my vote?! :)

Trish - tales from trish

Amanda @ A Brownie World said...

Laura '16!

Laura Marie Keenan said...

I love that you still have this; how adorable! And may I say, nice penmanship! ;-)

Miss Caitlin S. said...

lol, I love mansions- so you my dear, have my vote!