keep up the good work, june

Well, the only thing that could've made this weekend better is if it was three days.

Oh wait, thanks to an excess of vacation days that have to be used by the end of the month, it was.

On Friday my sister, my aunt, my cousin, and her baby came over for lunch.  After lunch my sister and I got pedicures and then wandered Target.  I got home just in time to find Matt in the kitchen making homemade pizza, so all in all Saturday and Sunday had a tough act to follow.

On Saturday morning I drank my coffee on the back porch and then we spent the day doing chores and running errands.  Then Matt and I settled in to enjoy the gorgeous evening on the back patio and ended up sitting there for SIX HOURS.  We sat down at 5:00 and didn't come in until 11, and I am not kidding when I say I came incredibly close to bringing my pillow outside and sleeping there.

However, we'd spent the better part of the day finishing our backyard chicken coop and moving a fake hawk statue around the yard to keep the bunnies away from eating the plants in our gardens and I didn't want the neighbors to think we'd completely lost our minds.

Sunday was rainy, but I got to visit Annabelle and made it back home before the worst of the storms arrived.


We sat on the back porch (are you sensing a theme here?) and watched the rain.  There's something you have to love about a summer thunderstorm, and the skies cleared up just in time for a Sunday night walk.

June, so far, so good.














Comments

ae said…
That sounds like a wonderful weekend!

I love that y'all have a fake hawk. Let me know if you have any tips for keeping dogs out of my flower beds. ;)
Rebecca Jo said…
You are my kinda people. I could sit on my back porch or on my front porch rocker all summer long - especially when its raining.
Leslie said…
Beautiful pictures and Annabelle is adorable!
Evelina said…
I love that you have a chicken coop! And your post rain and sunset pictures are gorgeous!
Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House
oh, such pretty pictures :) i love a good thunderstorm. i wish we sat on our back deck more often, i'd love it. we need better seating or something. i went out there last weekend to read, and our outdoor seating is falling apart, so yeah i did bring my blanket and pillow out there. no shame haha.
Gorgeous pictures! I love watching storms!