Thursday, June 9, 2016

at least my hair looks fantastic

After a full weekend, I went to bed at 11:00 on Sunday night and slept the sleep of angels until I was awakened by an unbelievable noise at 1:14 a.m.  My startled brain obviously jumped to the worst conclusion.  My eyes blinked wide open and I laid there in complete fear for three seconds before I said to Matt, “Did you hear that?”

“Yes, I did,” he said.

Since he’s never one to volunteer any extra information or thoughts, even in the face of a middle-of-the-night terror, I pressed him, “Well, what do you think it sounded like?”

“I think it sounded like someone breaking into our house,” he said very matter of factly.

Let me pause and say I don’t know why someone would break into a house where the owner has an NRA – LIFETIME MEMBER bumper sticker on his F-150 in the driveway, but I don't pretend to understand the thoughts of a burglar.

With that, Matt slid out of bed and prepared to canvas the house, while naturally I stayed under the covers with the numbers 9-1-1 typed into my phone so I could hit the call button immediately if I heard a ruckus.

Matt tiptoed around the second floor, and then I heard the stairs creak as he went downstairs.

He returned a few minutes later and said, “Well, I didn’t see anything.”

“Nothing?!” I said.  “You checked all the doors and windows?  You’re sure?  I can’t just go back to sleep now.  Something made that noise and I have to know what it was.”

“I really don’t know what it could’ve been,” Matt said, “Unless it was your shower thing again.”

He opened the bathroom door, and lo and behold, it was the indeed my shower thing again. 

On the positive side, at least I know Matt is man who doesn’t balk in fear at checking on things that go bump in the night.

However, the heavy duty shower shelf I bought after the April "incident" apparently isn't all that heavy duty after all.  I either need to find some industrial suction cups or an alternate plan to contain my beauty products, because if I don't, that shower caddy is going to get even heavier when I add the hair dye I'm going to need to cover the grays I'm getting from all of these imagined break ins!

7 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I knew immediately it was your shower thing. We've had our falls so many times that someone would literally be breaking in & I'd just say, "Its the shower caddy" :)

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said...

Hahaha, that's so startling!

Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifesytle.blogspot.com

Amy said...

I actually thought I somehow clicked an old post. Can't believe this happened again! Yeah, you're gonna need a plan B.

Morgan Apfel said...

LOL! That is hilarious. I love that you blog these stories. It makes me want to write more funny everyday thing that happen between my husband and I.

Faith said...

Haha, so funny! Yup you def. need another option. Hahaha.

Michelle said...

Haha! That would scare me half to death. I am always convinced that every single sound is a burglar.

Whitney Leigh said...

haha!! oh my heck, I would have been in tears! An amber alert went off on mine and my husband's phones around 12:30 the other night. It makes the most horrifying and loud siren sound and I about wet the bed it scared me so bad.