Monday, August 21, 2017

the eclipse really shed some light on some things

Well, it's almost as if the producers of the local ABC station read my last blog post, because when I checked in this afternoon I saw the headline, "Emotional Moment as Adam Joseph Experiences Total Solar Eclipse."

I clicked that link and while Adam didn't have a total breakdown, he sure enough did tear up on camera as he reported on the eclipse.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I had a meeting in an office with no windows at 2:00, but luckily it was a quick meeting and I was back outside and on the roof of the parking garage where I'd strategically parked at the peak time of 2:44 p.m.  I didn't have glasses or a fancy cereal box viewing mechanism, but someone in the office told me you could take a photo on selfie mode and then look at the photo and see the eclipse.

I did just that, but as I was taking my photos, my boss called, so obviously I had to end the photo shoot and take the call.  When I got home, I texted my brother to see if he'd gotten any good eclipse shots.

Of course he had.


Then I remembered I'd taken my own with my selfie camera, and I am about to present you with the best photo of Solar Eclipse 2017.


OH. MY. WORD.

There are so many terrible things about this photo, not the least of which is the fact that I DID NOT EVEN GET THE WHOLE SUN IN THE FRAME.

In that moment I felt a camaraderie with Adam Joseph, in that the eclipse also made me want to cry.  And then perhaps call a cosmetic surgeon to inquire about an eye lift and some botox.

24 comments:

rooth said...

LOL your posts always make me laugh

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

I'm impressed with your brother's photos. The ones I took of the sun just showed the sun looking normal! lol.

Stephanie said...

LOL at your version of an eclipse picture. Your brother's are awesome though, damn.

Audrey Louise said...

Girl. I pretty much took the exact same picture. I went to adjust the screen brightness and got a weird freakin' pic of myself with no eclipse in sight... hahaha. Your brother definitely won the day, though. Haha!

A Dash of Pretty said...

I feel like that sums up all of my pictures exactly, and I love Adam Joseph so much!!

Rebecca Jo said...

I think there was a news reporter somewhere that started crying so hard, they had to go back to the studio... I heard it on the radio this morning. I'd be the same way.

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Haha you definitely win the contest for best photo!! I knew you were going to post something funny about the eclipse. But seriously, though, your brother's photo... OMG. So good!

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

That picture of you is theee best! That is what I would have looked like for sure, haha.

Beautifully Candid said...

Your brother got some great shots. I was able to get one that I'm happy with. Your selfie pic is too funny Beautifully Candid

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

LOL that is awesome!! It rained here so we saw nothing :/

Callie said...

HAHAHA! I needed a laugh today, so thanks for this. ;-)

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

I've decided this eclipse thing isn't all it's cracked up to be! Haha. We made the cereal boxes since I couldn't get my hands on any glasses. And they didn't work. I must've been doing it wrong. My poor kid. He enjoyed watching it on tv more! I felt like a mom failure. And all these fun parties and posts coming across my newsfeed. It's nice to know I mah not have been the only one who struggled yesterday!

BLovedBoston said...

bahaha! If it wasn't for my husband I'm not sure I would have seen what it actually looked like! Everyone was outside my office and looking into the sun like we were told NOT to do LOL! xo,Biana-BlovedBoston

Marie said...

Haha... you always make me laugh. I didn't have the glasses but a kind woman like me borrow hers so I Could see it. It was pretty cool. I didn't even try to take a photo, I knew it wouldn't even come out. I really didn't even want to look up at the sun because I was afraid of losing my eye sight. haha

Betsy said...

That photo is great haha!

Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis said...

Your brother got some great photos! Lol @ your photo but in your defense, your boss called and ruined all the fun!

julie @ a hopeful hood said...

HAHAH I love that selfie!!!! And how ruuuude of your boss to call when clearly you were trying to see a once in a lifetime thing. I mean, seriously. :P

sara [at] journey of doing said...

your face is actually the best. why didn't i think about taking a picture during the eclipse?

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

LOL at you pic. But those other 2 pics are incredible.

Lizzie Simantz said...

Bahahaha love your eclipse selfie! Those shots your brother got were awesome!!

Philip Schwarz said...

Your brother took the best pictures. You should have a contest with him with him again! Use the categories new baby, snake, landscape, eclipse, and butterfly!

AnneMarie said...

I'm cracking up, your eclipse picture is kind of hilarious :)

Kristy Sayer-Jones @ Southern In Law said...

Haha, when you find your Botox person - tell me! I swear I have the most ridiculous forehead... like full on furrowed brow but then it goes back to normal?

And I totally thought the eclipse was on a different day than it was and so I take back what I said in my last comment. People made a massive deal out of the eclipse and I heard and saw plenty of it haha

julie @ jewelswandering.com said...

Ahhaaaa you crack me up!! Being in SE Asia, I only saw the eclipse through the comfort of my FB feed..