Friday, October 20, 2017

nothin' but blue skies

Well, this week was not my favorite.  Work was very lousy for many reasons, and I was so relieved when 4:00 came around this afternoon.  I was going to run a few errands after work, but Matt's train was canceled so I had to pick him up at another station and then drive him to his regular station to pick up his car. 

Instead of going right home after that, I decided to cash in a free drink reward I've been saving at Dunkin' Donuts and go to Payless, because sometimes a girl needs a little retail therapy but happens to be on a tight budget.  I also ran into the mall for something and felt like I was walking through the junior's department of JCPenney, circa 2001.  Hello again platform sneakers, ribbed striped sweaters, and all manner of velour apparel.  I've never stopped loving you.


We ditched our cooking plans and I picked up pizza on my way home, and now I'm sitting on the couch with a new candle, a glass of wine, watching We Are Marshall.  College football was a big deal in our house growing up and I remember my dad telling us stories about the Thundering Herd.  My parents bought the movie when it came out and my dad even has a Marshall sweatshirt.  I cry every time I watch it, but I love it.


I was going to cut coupons while I watched but I decided to save that for tomorrow morning during College Gameday because I wouldn't want to get too wild on a Friday night.  Plus, tomorrow Gameday is at Penn State, my alma mater, so I will be spending three hours on the couch watching TV and drinking coffee.


And cutting coupons.


I won't be able to watch the whole game because we are going to a Halloween party.


At Matt's boss' house. 


As Fred and Wilma Flintstone. 


We tried on our wigs tonight and I laughed so hard that I lost a contact lens.


And now that I write all of that out, I guess this week isn't so terrible after all. 


Plus, we had an entire cloudless day.  It was a big deal on the news because it hasn't happened here since February.  There was legitimately not one cloud in the entire sky for the entire day.


Cloudless skies. Dunkin' Donuts.  New shoes from Payless.  A great football weekend.  Pizza for dinner.  A hilarious Halloween costume.


I've got nothing to complain about.





















15 comments:

Michelle said...

Those pictures are beautiful!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

I honestly can't wait to see the Halloween party pictures... That's so fun!! Despite the suckiness of this week, you clearly made a good recovery. I need to do the same, lol.

Brianne said...

I love We Are Marshall. Based on a true story sports films is probably my favorite, very specific, genre. I'm sorry that the week wasn't the best but YAY for it all being okay in the end.

Audrey Louise said...

Those pictures!! That sky really IS cloudless! Gorgeous!
Hope you had a great weekend!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Fabulous photos. I'm glad your realizations turned your frown upside down.

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Sorry work was such a stinker! Sounds like your weekend more than made up for it, though! Such beautiful pictures!

lauren alford design said...

great perspective! maybe I need to start cutting coupons too...

Faith said...

Ahh, beautiful images. A blue sky like that can lift the saddest of spirits!

Hena Tayeb said...

That is such a typical commuter situation.. my husband commutes to and picking him from one place to take him to another to get his car ugh..

Amie said...

but wait...I don't see the pictures of the new shoes??

Kristy Sayer-Jones @ Southern In Law said...

Hello fall goodness! 😍 How good are those photos?!

And yep, the fashion of the past has definitely returned. First chokers and now double denim, platform shoes, plaid and velvet? What’s next? 😜 Von Dutch trucker caps?

Susannah said...

It really is all a matter of perspective, isn't it??? I'm glad your bad week was also not bad... if that makes sense... ;-)

julie @ a hopeful hood said...

Sorry work's been so sucky...also my favorite line of this? "Laughed so hard I lost a contact"<-- best tidbit of writing ever. :)

rooth said...

I cannot wait to see that couples costume - yessss

Sarah said...

I LOVE the blue flower!!

How did you manage to get a free drink from DD?! Share your secrets!