Tuesday, March 27, 2012

the weekend wasn't too long ago

On Sunday evening I started a post about my weekend, and planned to finish it up and post it Monday night.  And then on Monday our internet broke and I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Jeff from Comcast while he tried to fix our problem.  Poor guy didn’t know what he was in for when he started the conversation by saying, “Okay, let’s start with the basics.  Are you running Windows 7, Vista, or XP on your computer?”   

And I said, “I’ll be honest with you Jeff.  I have no idea.” 

He didn’t have a lot to work with.

After NINETY MINUTES of troubleshooting, Jeff told me that my best bet would just be to go to a Comcast service center this morning and tell them that I needed a new modem because the Ethernet port in our original went bad, which I think that was really just code for I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU ANYMORE.

So today I got a new modem, and thanks to thirty minutes on the phone with Comcast representative Bill, the Workin Girlz are back in business online.

 
ANYWHO, back to the weekend.  Friday consisted of a wedding shower at the office, a short work day, a manicure, and happy hour.   

FRIDAY WAS A KEEPER.  

I think I mostly just relaxed on Saturday.  Around dinnertime I went to Matt’s house for a pizza with French fries right on top and a giant container of cheez whiz for dipping.  I still haven’t made up my mind about whether or not that combination is delicious or repulsive.  

After our light, healthy dinner we hit the mall because we have two weddings coming up and I wanted to get some gift ideas.   After our SECOND stroll through Macy’s, Matt began to express frustration with the fact that a man would probably not want a beautiful serving bowl or crystal goblets.  I asked him what kind of wedding gift he thought a man would want, and his top three ideal gifts were :

1-      Guns for hunting
2-      A serious grill set
3-      Something made from REAL copper

Unfortunately they don’t sell any of those items in Bloomingdale’s, so we left empty-handed. 

Matt is looking into options for graduate school, so on Sunday we ventured into the city for an open house at one of the schools.  We got lost and ended up in a NOT SO NICE NEIGHBORHOOD, but at least we were lost in a car that smelled like heaven.

Matt does not fool around with his car fresheners.
Sunday night Michelle and I got sucked into a marathon of Long Island Medium and Draw Something.  At one point I sent Michelle this picture and she said, “A Muslim ghost?”

 

It’s supposed to be Buddha.  So not only does this picture prove that I need to brush up on my artistic skillz, but also my information about world religions.

Maybe I can work on that this week.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I totally feel for you and your computer/internet problems! My computer charger is broken right now and every time my computer dies I have to run to my cousin's apartment to get hers. By the way, I am totally glad that you found my blog because I am loving yours!

Carlie said...

I'm glad you finally got your internet back!

And I love playing Drawsome!

Mrs. K said...

haha! Nice Buddha. You should link this post up with me today- I started a Draw Something linkup where you can post the good, the bad, and the ugly drawings from the week! :)

Baby Sister said...

Yay internet!! I think your Buddha is totally realistic. :)