just because

Matt and I are going camping this weekend.  In a tent.  In the woods.  Which will be a far cry from the way we have spent our last two weekends, at the weddings of two of my co-workers.  Two Fridays ago and again last Saturday, Matt and I got all dressed up and ate fancy food and had intelligent conversations about politics and constitutional rights and how we can't believe Jessica Simpson is STILL PREGNANT.  I felt very grown up and elegant.

Except for the moment during cocktail hour when I drifted a little further away from my strategic position next to the door to the kitchen than I would have liked.  The server came out with a fresh tray of appetizers and I was afeared that I might not get my hands on one.  Luckily Matt sensed my panic and started to walk over to the server.

And then before I knew what I was doing I called after him, "GO MATT!  BE AGGRESSIVE!"

DON'T GET BETWEEN ME AND A SPOONFUL OF CHICKEN SALAD WITH GRAPES AND ALMONDS NESTLED INSIDE A MINIATURE PASTRY.

I doubt that I will be eating any of those in the woods this weekend, but oh how I wish I could.  They have changed my life for the better.

I talked to Matt a little while ago and he asked if there was a particular campsite job I was dying for.  I graciously offered to provide a real live musical soundtrack for the weekend, EVEN TAKING REQUESTS, but I don't think that was quite the answer he was expecting.  And so I volunteered to search around in the woods for sticks that we might need to use for kindling/marshmellow roasting/self-defense.

I will report back on how that goes.

---------------------------------------------------------

On a completely unrelated note, I just cleaned out my purse and found the fortune cookie from my sushi lunch the other day, so I ate it OF COURSE.  And here is my fortune.

I'm not sure how to take this exactly, but I guess the person who wrote it thinks praying only gets you so far.

What I need to know is whether chicken salad with grapes and almond nestled inside a miniature pastry falls under "want" or "need."

Please say need.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Hooray camping! That sounds like a fun weekend. Have fun!
Corinne said…
I hope you have a blast camping! We love going and definitely want to go one last time before we leave this part of the country.
Nicole Marie said…
Have fun! I love camping.
The Pink Growl said…
Good luck with your tent experience! I'm not much of a tent camper myself...
The Pink Growl said…
Good luck with your camping experience! I'm not much of a tent camper myself.
Jay said…
Need, definitely need. And now I need some of them.
Shelby said…
I love the wedding reception story! So funny. I hope you had fun camping!
lori said…
definitely a need. im drooling just reading this.

and i hate fortunes. i always get the most lame things. but i think maybe you could take that to mean that if you NEED something don't depend on prayer alone {or don't be lazy and not doing your part}.
elite barcelona said…
This sentence is great !

We like your blog !

http://www.elitebarcelonablog.es/
Baby Sister said…
Most definitely a need. That is one of my favorite foods ever. I love them!! And they will be had at my reception.