Tuesday, April 26, 2016

it's tough to pass up an AARP day bag

A few weeks ago my father in law came over to help fix a plumbing problem we were having, specifically replacing the broken outside spigot.  We bought The Pocket Hose, aka the hose that grows, and unfortunately one night we turned it on and then couldn't turn it off.

And that is not a hose problem you want to have.

Along with his plumbing tools, Matt's dad brought along a box of Matt's childhood belongings.  It's funny how when you buy your own house with storage aplenty, your parents expect you to get your stuff out of their basement.

(Mom and Dad, I'll be by for those last few boxes any day now...)

After dinner we went through the box, and found a lot of high school memorabilia, Matt's varsity letter, and an old piggy bank that counts your coins as you drop them in.  But the piece de resistance was Matt's coin collection.  Which we then organized AND vacuum sealed on a Saturday night because the excitement never ends.

A few days later, this showed up in the mail.

I think our house is bugged.

Also, tricky "free with payment" wording, AARP.  It's too bad we've just vacuum sealed all of our valuable coins or we might've taken you up on this tempting offer.

5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Free with payment... do you know how many senior citizens are waiting on their free bag now?

My parents are STILL bringing over my kid/childhood stuff & I've been out of the house for over 20 years. Why did my mom save EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGG?

Amy said...

Man, I have to get one of those day bags. I didn't realize you had become a fashion blogger.

Michelle said...

Haha!! You and your stories never fail to crack me up. This isn't your first run in with AARP, is it?

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

lol i was so confused about the free with payment thing until i saw the 'when you register'. very tricky!

Liz Jo said...

Where's my day bag???? All I ever get are scooter ads for my new scooter! It's just waiting for you Liz....I'm not even 30 yet not even close.

liz @ j for joiner