have i moved to california?

Well, it's currently feeling like May instead of February here in Pennsylvania, and all I have to say is I'm really lichen this weather.

(Just a little fungi humor.)

(I couldn't resist.)

Three day weekends in February are great.  And when the temperatures are in the sixties?  That's just the best. I took three long walks in the beautiful sunshine, went shopping with my mom, Matt and I cooked three delicious meals thanks to a free Hello Fresh box, we got some house projects crossed off the list, I finished a book, kept the windows open all day and savored the fresh air, and spent the day with my cousins and Annabelle yesterday.

And then today, my commute took 3 total hours and I got a parking ticket, so hello reality.  I ran out to move my car at 10:45 and there was a car stopped in the street next to mine.  I wondered how long I was going to have to wait for them to move before I could pull out of my spot, and then I realized it was the parking enforcement officer.

Nuts.

He wrote the ticket at 10:44, one minute before I came out.

   

So instead of focusing on that, I'm just remembering how fun and relaxing this weekend was. 


Linking with Erika and Ashley  

Comments

Faith said…
Seriously! The weather in PA has been so nice but a little questionable since it is February and all! But I'm not complaining too much.

Beautiful images!
Michelle said…
The weather in Ohio has been the same! I'm loving it. We've been outside every day. Your bad day yesterday was awful. What a rude awakening!
Kelly said…
Arg, Parking tickets are the worst! Especially when it's that close. On the bright side - SUCH gorgeous weather! And did you participate in the ukulele hootenanny?
Miranda Hunt said…
I can tell the weather was beautiful from your photos! Sorry about your ticket, but good for you for staying positive. :) Happy Wednesday!
Andrea Nine said…
I'm so sorry about your day!! I loved seeing your beautiful photos!!
Grrrr, not a nice welcome back to reality! I hate parking tickets. The weather has been nice even though it is absolutely not normal.
I went home to Maryland this weekend and it was the perfect weekend for it! It was so nice out. I also spent some time in Southern PA at my Aunts and it was just as nice!
Rebecca Jo said…
I dont know how meter maids/misters(?) live with themselves. They are just spiteful people - I believe that.
Jenny said…
Gorgeous pictures! And I can't get over how nice of weather everyone else is having. I've officially turned into a big whiner! ;) Have a great day!
Mary Leigh said…
Great photos! I have been LOVING this weather! It's weird this early in the season, but I love it just the same!
Kayla MKOY said…
Jealous of your long weekend! I'm sorry you got a parking ticket - we once got one while "parking" just like everyone else was during a wedding and our windshield got slapped with a $65 ticket. UGH! But yes, focus on the good!! :)
Tara said…
Don't let that parking ticket get you down. I'm in South Jersey and I've heard Friday is supposed to get into the 70s!!
Liz Jo said…
Eww tickets. Such bad timing too!!! Hope it's not too expensive. Ours are tickets and boots depending on where you park, so you get to pay $90 to remove the boot and anything else the ticket costs.

And you've gotten some gorgeous pictures of the weekend.
Three day weekends AND great weather? You totally won the weekend jackpot!

But boo to the back to reality side of things. That is NOT cool... hopefully the rest of your week has turned out better though?!
My Boy Mom Blog said…
I can't imagine it taking 3 hours to commute to work!! I've always wondered how people who live in big cities manage...I would be cray to the z.
Angi said…
Send me some sunshine! It's still in the 20s here, and it snowed yesterday. Boo hiss.

Parking tickets are frustrating! We got one once in another town but were able to successfully fight it because there weren't any actual "no parking" signs anywhere within sight of where we parked, muahaha.
Callie said…
We had such a warm February last year (very unusual here too), and I keep hoping this year will follow suit! But it's snowing outside as I type this. :-(
Your pictures are always so gorgeous!
Brianne said…
If the warm weather could stick around that'd be great! Those photos from the weekend are gorgeous!
rooth said…
That last one - I really hope you chased that one down