Thursday, June 15, 2017

june things

It's only Thursday but it already feels like the weekend for me because I have off today and tomorrow.  And Monday.  My strategy at work is to save my PTO time so that I don't have to work a full week from May until July, which is probably the work accomplishment I am most proud of.

I also had off last Friday and met Emily at Primark after lunch for some shopping.  I don't know what I did before Primark, but my wardrobe was most certainly not as cute.  I got some tops, new sunglasses, and even a pair of pink pants.  Emily told me they're millennium pink and that's the color of the season.  WHO KNEW?!   What I know is that I've received many compliments on my outfits this week which is nice but also makes me wonder how much of a slob I was looking like before.

I almost got this cup too, but refrained.  I did put it on my birthday list.


Tacos were on the menu for dinner and while I started cooking Matt went across the street to talk to our neighbor, Rob.  Matt just learned that Rob is also a hunter and grew up with chickens, and now the two are great buddies, despite the 30 year age difference.  A little while later I went out to cut some mint from the herb garden out back and saw Matt in a different neighbor's yard setting up a dunk tank.

He really gets around.

After tacos we took a drive over to Gander Mountain, for the second Friday in a row.  It's closing and everything is on sale and in Matt's world there is nothing better than outdoor accessories.  Unless it's outdoor accessories at heavily discounted closeout prices.

Gander Mountain must have already let their proofreader go because their sale signs featured many unnecessary apostrophes.



I saw these fun tops for just $6.00 and while I was deciding which one to get, I heard Matt call me from a few shelves over.

I looked at him and he said "Hey! Did you lose this?" and was holding up A GIANT BLACK BRA.

Now, I don't know who buys their bras at Gander Mountain.  What I do know is that at that very moment, a salesperson walked by and said, "Can I help you with anything, sir?" and I've never seen Matt more embarrassed.

After Matt recovered he put on quite a campaign for buying some freeze dried cheesecake, but in the end we just left with some clearance hunting supplies.

On Saturday morning we BRIEFLY talked about pulling up the rug in the living room, which is a lovely shade of maroon, and many, many decades old.

I agreed it would be a good move but figured we would have more discussion and a little bit of a game plan before we took action.  I guess in Matt's head it was a done deal because I ran out to the grocery store and came home to this.

At least he has knee pads.

Safety first.

On Saturday we went to a neighbor's party for a few hours and then out for drinks and chips and queso because we are wild and crazy.  We'd never been to the restaurant before but it was conveniently located right next to Home Depot, our other date night staple.  We stopped in afterwards and walked through the garden department where we found some blueberry plants with actual blueberries.

WHICH I ATE.

Classy.

Between that and Matt's Gander Mountain moment, you'd think we'd never been in a retail setting before.

Now another weekend is upon and I'm thinking maybe we should take a break from visiting stores, and stay home.

We have a hardwood floor to refinish so we will have plenty to keep us busy.

18 comments:

Angi said...

Those apostrophes are killing me. I would have had to whip out a pen.

Also killing me are those FLOORS! I never understand why people choose to cover beautiful wood floors with the likes of maroon carpet.

julie @ a hopeful hood said...

Primark!! Yes!! I need to visit there for a summer update since I'm back to re-wearing the same 4 things haha. And good luck with all that carpet!!! I remember pulling staples out of our hardwood floors forever, thanks to those staple-happy carpet installers of the 70s ;)

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

I love that you worked it out to not work a full week from May to July! That's awesome! Those unnecessary apostrophes totally cracked me up. You've got an ambitious man there just going after a project after only a brief convo about it! Enjoying drinks, chips, and queso sounds like the best way to spend any Saturday. :) Enjoy your weekend! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

Carly Blogs Here said...

Long summer weekends are the best! I'm totally wondering what shade of pink millennium pink is now because I have no idea. We just had a similar flooring situation in our kitchen-- it was planned to take it out at some point, but one afternoon my husband just started tearing it up with no warning, haha. It sounds like your refinished hardwoods are going to look soo nice!

Lizzie Simantz said...

Hahaha I love that Matt gets around the neighborhood. Awesome job on pulling up the carpet! Before we redid our floors we lived with this horrific green carpet, I was so happy to see that go. Have a nice long weekend!

Miranda @ My Restless Soul said...

Ah, I so wish there was a Primark near me! You and Matt have the best neighbor stories. I bet your floors are going to look amazing!

Laura at Fantastically Four said...

I've never even set foot in a Primark. I live a sheltered life. Excited to see your hardwood floors! And that tumbler is pretty awesome. :)

Michelle said...

The apostrophes!!!! Or should I say "apostrophe's" ;) that honestly made me die a little to type. I am laughing so hard over Matt and the big black bra.

Brianne said...

Haha I just want to spend a day with you & Matt. I feel like life is anything but dull lol.

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

OMG the apostrophes. Please, people, PLEASE! It drives me especially insane when people refer to themselves as the Smith's or the Brown's. I've even seen some Etsy shop crafters put "The Smith's" on door hangers and such. I mean, OMG, that is not grammatically correct!!

And girl, that cup! I want one! I'm about to go see if Amazon has any loot with that slogan. :o)

Audrey Louise said...

I love that he just went all out with the carpet. Hahaha! Those retail stories are amazing. I think the bra thing is something my husband would do. Hahaha.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

AHHH haha the giant black bra.

Apostrophe abuse makes me extremely sad. Like, extremely.

I should check out this Primark.

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

I laughed so hard there were tears in my eyes reading about the black bra. I even read it to my husband. I am vacating today too! It has been wonderful knowing this is not Saturday even though it feels like it! :))

Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis said...

Such cute tops for only $6! I would have a field day...

Hena Tayeb said...

oh I love Primark.. especially for the boys.. $3 tops.. and they are actually cute and good quality..
You two are really cute..
eww carpet.. yay wooden floors!

Rachel said...

The bra story actually made me laugh out loud. Good thing no one's home. The apostrophes made me want to tear my hair out. And the 'famous on the internet' cup--now there's something I've never seen before!

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I love that cup! And the bra story made me laugh so hard!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

As a Canadian, it's so weird to me that you can go into a store (even an Outdoor store) and see guns for sale. In all my 42 years of living in Toronto, I have never seen that. I know we have those kinds of stores (Bass Pro shop etc) but they don't advertise guns/rifles like that -- in fact, you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to even buy a gun from there. They keep them locked away in some kind of crazy safe but in order for you to buy a hunting rifle (they only sell hunting gear, not hand guns), there's some big legal process.