a trip

I drove to Matt's college to visit him this weekend.  I put the pedal to the metal Friday after work, and about a mile and a half into my journey, I realized I forgot my ipod.  Why hello, tragedy.  So glad you could accompany me for the weekend.  You too, dramatic tendencies.

After I wiped away my tears I began to search various pockets and compartments in my car hoping against hope that I could get my hands on some sort of musical masterpiece.  All of the searching took place at a red light, of course.  Because you know, safety first and all.  Unfortunately my attempts were futile and all I could come up with was an old Taylor Swift cd that I bought before I realized how whiny she really is.  Look, Taylor.  You like him.  He doesn't like you.  We get it.  You and your broken sixteen year old heart need to just pick yourselves up and get back on the horse of love already.

Fear not though, with the winning combination of my determined musical spirit and a great performance by the "seek" button on my radio, I was able to tune in to my buddies Taio Cruz, Flo Rida, and Pitbull pretty much the whole ride.  Peter Gabriel and Air Supply also may have come on once or twice, and I won't say I hated it.  I have very refined musical taste.

So thanks to Taio, Flo, Pit, Peter, and Air, I had a great ride to Matt's.  I didn't even get lost, which is a big deal for me.  Especially since the trip involved transferring from one highway to another.  In the past the whole multiple highways thing and I have had a rocky relationship at best.  Turns out all you have to do is actually read the signs. 

Well. 

Imagine that. 

We ate dinner shortly after I arrived, and then Matt took a picture of me...
 Oh, I kid.  It was actually this picture...
 Okay, okay.  It was this one.  What can I say?  It was quite a dinner.
Haha.  Just kidding.  Sometimes I crack myself up.  Actually, very frequently. 

These very well fed animals were at a fair we went to this weekend, and by the looks of it, I think fair goers may have been sneaking them corn dogs or funnel cake on the sly. 

Those lucky ducks farm animals.

Comments

ae said…
I hate when I forget my mp3 player! There are too many commercials on radio. Sounds like you had a fun trip though!
Mallory said…
Laura girl, I love ya, but you better back off the Taylor Swift hate. I love me some Taylor Swift. And in turn, I won't make fun of Flo Rida and other rap music. Deal? :)
harmonysong said…
I think I would have turned back for the ipod- especially if it was a long ride! I can't survive on just radio- too many commercials! And HELLO, I have been sayin' the same thing to Taylor...for some reason she doesn't listen. Must be the dollar signs in her eyes....or ears.
Sarah said…
You're making me laugh about Taylor! Sometimes I feel the same exact way! I like some of her songs,but I mean seriously. They're ALL about how she's better than all the other girls. If you're so much better,then why does he like them better? lol. ;)
Ronnica said…
So true about Taylor Swift. For whatever reason, my Slacker stations like to play her a lot. I'm cool with her, but one song from her a day is enough!
Anonymous said…
I just found your blog, and love it. Keep writing!!
CV in B.C. canada
Anonymous said…
Ahh Canada. How is everything up there in America's hat? I hope its better than in America's beard.
Anonymous said…
No, no....we are America's toque, eh?
:) CV
Anonymous said…
touche friendly Candian, touche. A lively riposte back from our neighbor to the north. I look forward to our international battle of wits my friend.
Anonymous said…
Aaaaak! Writer's block! Writer's block!
Kidding.
CV