it's fun to have a little sister

Once in a great while I get the vibe that Emily becomes a wee bit tired of me and thinks about how she can't believe we are even related.  Mainly because she will occasionally sigh VERY LOUDLY and then say "I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE WE EVEN RELATED."  However, sometimes I think we are more alike than she would like to admit.

The other night after dinner, Emily was in the kitchen "doing the dishes," and I was up in my room.  I heard a knock at my door, and here is what I saw when I opened it.
Not kidding.


Apparently while she was "doing the dishes," Emily picked decided to pick up one of the food covers we use when we eat out on the deck, place it on her head, and spin around and around in an effort to demonstrate the scientific principle of inertia.

All while wearing her rockstar sunglasses.  Of course.  I'm sure Sir Isaac Newtown rocked his shades while he experimented with the laws of motion too.

After she confirmed that an object in motion does indeed stay in motion, she came upstairs to show me.



So I'm thinking Em's future could go either way.  Comedian or physicist.  It's a real toss up.

P.S. - I just went to Em's room to ask her if she would mind me putting these pictures on the blog.  She looked at me and responded totally nonchalantly, "Sure, as long as I'm wearing my sunglasses in them.  I mean, if I'm going to be on the blog, I want to look good."

We are definitely sisters. 

Comments

ae said…
LOL . . . she is awesome!
Rebecca said…
Ha...she is hilarious :)
Anonymous said…
Yuck, on her head then on my food. Remind me to keep the orange one on the meat and the blue one for the vegetables.
GBR1980 said…
I love it..I love and miss my little sister so much, we would do goofy stuff like this all the time too!
Sarah said…
One time(there have been many)I wondered if Elizabeth and I were really sisters was when we were at an outdoor concert and she went up ON STAGE at the end of the concert and MADE A SPEECH about how good the singers were, and how their beautiful voices should remind us of God and on and on. I was SO embarrassed.
Julianna said…
Hahahaha ohhh I love your stories!
Holly said…
ROFL your sister sounds hilarious! :D
Robin said…
that is so cute! your sister sounds awesome! you can tell her that.
Haha! love her comment!
Things to Do said…
Haha this is awesome! And tell her the rockstar glasses are awesome!
Natalie said…
Ha ha that is too funny! I always wished I had a sister...thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :)
LCR said…
I just love sisters. Can always be goofy and yourself with them. Looks like you guys have a ton of fun.
Megan said…
Hahaha! She is TOO funny!! Little sisters are the greatest...it's basically like having a bff for life!!
ahh she sounds hilarious! that's too funny :)
Baby Sister said…
Hahaha. Your sister is awesome.