Saturday, May 21, 2011

on the plus side, i'd make a great hitch hiker

Well, I can’t believe it’s already Saturday night.  Especially because when I look back at this past week I can’t remember doing anything except going out to eat twice and watching reality TV.  So basically just living the dream.
 Although my lightbulbs finally arrived this week from the faraway land of China, and they were absolutely worth every bit of the 44 day wait.  I’m seeing my bedroom in a whole new light.
 Literally.
Also, I received a reply to my letter to the radio station concerning my disapproval of no ballad weekends. 
 Wait a minute.  What am I talking about? THIS WEEK WAS FULL OF EXCITEMENT!
 Unfortunately, despite my one woman campaign, it looks like they will be keeping Pitbull on the airwaves each weekend and Meatloaf and Peter Cetera will be pushed to the wayside until Monday morning.  I can’t say I’m surprised.  Speaking of Pitbull, he was on Dancing With the Stars this week along with my buddy NeYo.  While they performed I googled them and then read their criminal pasts to my family because we like to keep the excitement level around here hovering at about a 9.
 Thursday night 50 Cent was on American Idol, so it was like week of the hip hop trifecta.  I knew he has had a few run ins with the law so I googled him and proceeded to read what became my favorite quote of the week…”if it weren’t for the fact that his felony convictions prevented him from voting, 50 Cent has said that he would have voted for President Bush.”
 I’m sure Bush was just thrilled to death with that endorsement from Mr. Cent.
 I didn’t have class this week, so on Monday night I went out to dinner with Matt.  We went to Macaroni Grill and had the best time.  We even got an appetizer because we were feeling fancy and Matt chose calamari.  Which I learned is actually squid.  I was operating under the impression that it was another type of sea creature altogether.  Sort of like one fisherman saying “Oh look, I caught some squid,” and his fishing buddy saying “Cool, I’m fishing for calamari today.” 
Unless that fisherman is tossing his line in a vat of hot oil, he will be out of luck.
 At one point during the meal the waitress came over and asked if I would like more iced tea and I very politely said, “Yes please, I’ll have a little bit more.”  When she walked away Matt laughed and said “You know, I always wonder why you always answer like that.  Do you really think someone will ever bring you back a glass with only a little bit of iced tea in it?”  To be honest, I never even realized what I was saying, let alone considered the consequences of my words.  I suppose subconsciously I just don’t want servers to think I am some kind of glutton in the iced tea beverage department.
Thursday night we went to Applebee’s because we were in the mood to eat good in the neighborhood, as their slogan suggests.  Also, they have some sweet deals on appetizers after 9:00.  We ordered chicken fingers, spinach artichoke dip, and potato twisters.  Well, apparently I don’t bring my fine dining manners along with me to restaurants where you can play guys vs. girls bingo while simultaneously watching sixteen different televised sporting events, because when the waitress came over to see how our food was, my mouth was full.  So do you know what I did? 
 I GAVE HER THE THUMBS UP. 
 A HEARTY, ENTHUSIASTIC THUMBS UP.  It was like an out of body experience and as soon as I realized what I was doing I returned my hand quickly back down on the table hoping that maybe she and/or Matt did not realize what I had just done.  But by the look on Matt’s face, I could tell that it was too late.
 When she came back a little while later to see if I wanted more mango lemonade, I almost just said “FILL ‘ER UP.”  Because at that point, what did I have to lose?
Today I went to New York City with some family and we had the best day, but I think it deserves it’s very own post.  However, you can rest assured that when we went out to lunch, my thumbs did not make any uninvited appearances.
Whew.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my, this post made me laugh! Those are the moments by boyfriends just shakes his head at me. Ha! Can't wait to heart about your day in NYC!

GBR1980 said...

Sounds like you had a great week..I have definitely been guilty of giving the thumbs up while having a full mouth! LOL!

Shannon said...

im kind of obsessed that you can just go to new york city on a random day just because!

Shannon said...

im kind of obsessed that you can go to new york city on any random day just because!

Olivia Grace said...

Sounds like an awesome week! I love NYC, can't wait to hear more about your trip there!

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

ahh i loved this post (btw i'm so glad you found my blog!). definitely made me laugh with the stuff about 50 and bush, not to mention the almost "fill 'er up".

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh NYC is great! I've love to be able to just go there for just because!

Baby Sister said...

Lol. You crack me up. I love their spinach artichoke dip. And now I'm going to have to convince Boyfriend to take me...

Things to Do said...

Did the radio station apologize for messing with the format?!?!