unfortunately, i really have missed the autumnal equinox

It was very dark outside when I woke up this morning.  So dark, in fact, that I was initially concerned I had missed some sort of Daylight Savings time related clock changing.  I laid in bed for a few minutes thinking about what a tragic situation that would have been, because it would have also meant that I lost the chance to throw my annual End of Daylight Savings Time Gala.  The gala is always great fun and a true autumn highlight each year.  Everyone wears their finest dresses and brings their clocks and we all ceremoniously change the time together, and then feast on the traditional Daylight Savings Time foods like fried chicken and cheesecake.

Or maybe I was just delaying getting out of bed and thus created this imaginary gala.  

Although it does sound like fun.

Eventually I made my way out from under the warm covers because, you know, carpe diem.  And also, I have a job.  The next half hour went smoothly, but things took a nosedive to the south when I went down to the kitchen to pour my coffee, and remembered that I used up the last few drops of my coffee creamer yesterday.

CODE. RED.

I'm going to be honest here for just a moment.  The only reason I drink coffee is because I love creamer.  There.  I said it.  In my mind, coffee is merely the means to a delicious, high calorie end.  The creamer is where it's at.  Sometimes I pour so much in, that it actually makes my mug of coffee cold.  

Hmm.  Writing that out makes it sound less than appetizing, but believe you me, there is nothing like starting the day with a mug of white chocolate caramel mocha creamer and a teaspoon or two of Folgers.

I thought about stopping on my way to work for coffee, but that is something that I NEVER do simply because I have perfected the art of getting up, showering, getting dressed, doing my hair and makeup, and packing my purse and lunch in exactly 37 minutes flat.  It took months to perfect that routine, and adding another task is like PLAYING WITH FIRE.

But, as the saying goes, desperate times call for Dunkin' Donuts, which is where I found myself five minutes later ordering a large, hot, pumpkin spice latte with whipped cream and caramel.  

Basically, I had dessert at 7 am.

After work I had an appointment to get my hair cut, which meant I spent the last several days performing my semi-annual ritual of deciding whether or not I should do something drastic to my hair and if I should get bangs or not.  Of course, there is always the option of the fabang.

In the end I got a simple trim because I stopped for coffee on the way to work and HOW MANY RISKS SHOULD ONE GIRL TAKE IN A DAY?  I also got a teeny, tiny section of my hair cut into very long side bangs, so I have the option of  either styling them as bangs, or blending them right in with the rest of my hair.

Part time bangs.  The solution to years of follicular discontent.

And the best part is now that I don't have to think about my hair anymore, I can focus my full attention on planning the Annual End of Daylight Savings Time Gala.

Just let me know if you want an invitation.

Comments

Sarah said…
I am a HUGE believer in any type of coffee whitener. How else can you get that honest to goodness wonderful creamy taste??
SSS said…
I, too, use coffee merely as a vehicle to ensure that fully saturated, globs of fat and chemicals find their way nicely into my stomach by way of vanilla and/or hazelnut liquid. It's delicious.

I am totally in awe of your 37 minutes mostly because there is a shower and hair drying in there. I can't dry my hair in any reasonable amount of time so while being able to be completely ready for the day in 16 minutes may sound impressive, my hair is never at optimal cleanliness. .... and that's more than you ever wanted to know.
Miss Amy said…
My dad used to say: Eat dessert first, life is so uncertain. ;) Sounds like a crazy day, girl!!
Tara said…
I wish I could drink coffee...For some reason, it started upsetting my stomach and I had to quit drinking it. I'm always tempted to give it another try, because I miss my pumpkin spice lattes!
Faith Caroline said…
I love the way you write! It's like you're sitting next to me, sipping your coffee-flavored creamer and telling me a story :)
I'll make a dress, where is my invitation?
Erin said…
You're adorable! Thanks for your comment tonight my dear!
you crack me up. i'm with ya on the creamer. i like a little coffee with my creamer ifyaknowwhatimean.
Oh I love coffee creamer! PUmpkin Spice is my new fall favorite!
Melu103 said…
thank you hun!
i appreciate you stopping
by my blog and being so positive!



big plans this weekend?


follow me <3
xoxo
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com
I've never had coffee.... ever. But whatever you like, works!
Laura said…
You are adorable and I wanna be your best friend. Coffee creamer is WHY I love coffee! So obvious.
Laura said…
You are adorable and I wanna be your best friend. Coffee creamer is the only reason to drink
Coffee! And most as lactose free! Score!!!!!
I would love an invitation to this DST gala! It sounds brilliant. :)

I have my morning routine down to a T too (exactly 20 minutes from waking up to out the door - I shower at night time) so I understand how serious it is to mess around with that, haha! Glad you got your pumpkin spice latte, though! :)
Tina Lane said…
I am with you on the coffee babe, and I'm not too good for Dunkin Donuts. Desperate times indeed.
Baby Sister said…
Part time bangs really are the best way to go. Good choice. :)
Amanda said…
The creamer is definitely where it's at! I was forced into buying the large size of peppermint mocha. Apparently, it doesn't come in a small. I thought for sure that it would be borderline impossible for me to consume that entire bottle alone, but low and behold I've already been through half of it in just a few days. It's addicting and totally delicious!