Friday, March 25, 2011

it would make me look especially sophisticated

Well, I hate to say this but nothing remarkable has happened this week.  I've just been going through my little routine and waiting on the weekend, which isn't necessarily a bad thing because I am a BIG FAN of routine.  However, since nothing very exciting has happened, I don't have much in the way of material for the old blog.

The most dramatic thing going on in my life right now is probably the decision whether or not to get some bangs.  Obviously I am using the word dramatic VERY LOOSELY here because when you think "haircut" you don't necessarily think of a situation fraught with drama.  Or perhaps you do and if so, we are kindred spirits.  Nevertheless, this is an internal battle I fight about twice a year. 

What usually happens is that I decide that I need a change and want to get some bangs, so I get a haircut.  Then the honeymoon is over by the time I get home from the hairdreser and I’m pinning those suckers back in a bobby pin and wondering how long it will take them to grow out again.  I proceed to spend the next few months walking around looking like a girl who got bangs cut and doesn’t know how to fix them which is mainly because I GOT BANGS CUT AND DON’T KNOW HOW TO FIX THEM!

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Literally.

At the beginning of my college career I was casually flirting with the idea of bangs but had yet to make a formal commitment to them, and one day I decided that I wanted to see just how bangs would look on me.  So, armed with a headband, hairspray, and a great deal of follicular enthusiasm I created a style known as the fake bang.

The Fabang.
Now this is a look that would surely bring some drama to my life.

I think I'll make this spring the season of the Fabang.

12 comments:

Julianna said...

Hahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahaha.

ok.

Wait..

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhaha.

We are defintitely kindred spirits! I think aside from clowns & coyotes, haircuts are my worst fear. I despise them, and I try my best NOT to cut my hair if at all possible. I dodge the bullet until my split ends are split ends. Seriously. It's a problem.

Anyway, you're not alone. :)

stephanieamber said...

oh my gosh. laura. i want bangs SO BADLY, but i'm CERTAIN that i'd get them and regret it before i'd even left. how can i muster up the courage to get bangs!???
i must first try the fabang to see how i like it, i guess.

haha love it. so much. please tell me you rocked that for a substantial amount of time!

Teenage Bride said...

too funny!!

Thisisme. said...

LOL! Love that photo!

ae said...

Love. It.

101 Things said...

Awesome. I have curly hair so I have never been able to do bangs without spending a period of time in the bathroom crying after. So sadly I am without. But this fabang I can totally get behind.

Dree said...

Hahaha the Fabang will keep me laughing for a long time! Brilliant. And smart - looks like you do research before a haircut, haha!

Sidenote: Hello, kindred spirit! I'm seriously debating whacking a few inches off of my hair and changing styles when I haven't in, oh, five years. Big decisions are being made here! You're more than welcome to vent about your bangs decision to me. I currently have five hairspiration pictures saved to my phone. Wowza.

Kristin said...

i love bangs but growing them out is a bitch!

Chloe said...

Hahaha This is so funny!!
Love the photo!!
Thanks for the idea! I may (I said "may") try this one!

Carrie LeighAnna said...

Kindred spirit here too :) Loving the fake bang. Pretty hilarious!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hahaha! Go for it!!!

Baby Sister said...

Lol!! Those are probably the best bangs ever!!