Sunday, December 18, 2011

we may be on our own, but we still have a lot to learn

This weekend was moving weekend.  Forty eight hours ago I was sleeping in my bedroom at my parents' house, and now I am living the life of luxury in these digs...








Is it fancy OR WHAT?!  If I had a nickel for every time Michelle and I have used the words classy, sophisticated, grown up, adult, and elegant in this past two days, I would have enough money to shell out the fifteen bucks for the premium parking here. 

When we had this little apartment photo shoot tonight, Michelle said, "I just want people to look at these pictures and think...Wow, she's really made it."  

AND MADE IT WE HAVE.

We spent most of Saturday unpacking and hanging up various pieces of wall art, all of which were hung without the aid of a level or tape measure.  We have become masters at the art of eyeballing it.  Last night was our first night here, and we celebrated by playing Scattergories and watching Half Ton Teen and an episode of My Big Fat Gypsy Christmas.  In other words, LIVING THE DREAM.  

This whole weekend we have been calling ourselves the "Workin' Girls."  We used the term frequently this morning as we strolled Home Goods because we are SO CLEVER.  

"We can totally buy that vase!  We're working girls!"  

"You know who would have those flowers in their house?  Working girls!" 

We went to far as to make that the name of our wireless network and even contemplated sending out Christmas cards from "the Workin' Girls."  Well, that grand idea was nipped squarely in the bud when my brother texted me tonight and said "you guys do know working girls is another name for hookers, right?"

Um, OBVIOUSLY WE DIDN'T.

Do you know what else we don't know?  How to change the name of our wireless network.  But I think that is something we better figure out AT ONCE, before our neighbors get the wrong idea about how we were able to afford such lovely wall art.


Goodbye, Workin Girlz.  Hello, Career Women.

19 comments:

Mallory said...

Now I'm imagining you answering the phone screaming "I AM NOT A HOOKER! I WENT TO CATHOLIC SCHOOL! JESUS WOULD BE SO DISAPPOINTED!"

hahahahahahaha. I think I'm overtired because I am cracking up.

Anonymous said...

Nice foliage in the living room. What did you name it?

Sarah said...

So many comments!
1. Well aren't you living in the lap of luxury!!

2. I love your artwork! I'm pretty sure Christopher got VERY tired VERY quickly of me saying over and over, "Are you SURE this is straight??" every time I hung something up.

3. I'm glad you cleared up the Workin Girls confusion. It is highly embarrassing whenever I think something I said was extremely clever only to discover it does NOT mean the same thing to the rest of the world as it means to me!

ae said...

Congrats on the new place! You never fail to make me smile with your posts. "Workin Girlz," too funny!!

Nicole said...

Oh man. I laughed the first time you said "workin' girls" because a hooker is the first thing I thought of. Haha!! Your apartment is so cute!!

GreenGirl said...

COngrats!!! I was at a party right around the corner from your new digs Saturday night!!!!

Samantha said...

Hooray for your first place! It looks great.

Baby Sister said...

Your apartment looks awesome!! How exciting. :) If you still need help figuring out how to change the name of the network, workin girl, just email me and I'll help you out. :)

Teenage Bride said...

your place looks great!

Traci said...

HAHA! You're cracking me up!!! I need to know how to change the password on our wireless internet because it's about a zillion numbers.

Traci said...

HAHA! You're cracking me up! I need to know how to change the password for our wireless network because it's about a zillion numbers!

Morgan said...

Aw, I thought that was such a cute name until your brother brought that up. =(

Your apartment is sooo nice! You two really are living in the lap of luxury! =)

BeckyJo606 said...

Your apartment is so so pretty! I love the bedding you've picked out--it's so feminine and beautiful! Enjoy living on your own!! :)

April Rowell said...

Hilarious!!! Congrats on your new digs!

Kristin said...

yay! congrats on ur new place!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay! That's great that you've got moved in and it looks fantastic!

stephanie said...

I LOVE IT! when can i come visit?????? ;)

Bethany said...

Haha, that's really funny! The place looks fantastic :)

Jamie said...

looks great! i love it.