get fancy for the holidays




A few weeks ago I decided that I needed to get serious with my makeup. 

And by "get serious" I mean do a little more than a half-hearted mascara application and smearing on whatever lip gloss I can scrounge up in my purse while sitting at a red light. 

And so, after I watched several tutorials on youtube about smoky eyes and the right way to apply lip liner, I decided to give it a shot. And, well, let's just say I ended up looking like I was suffering from a black eye and a bee sting to the lip. 

But I didn't give up because PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT. 

And also, it's fun to shop for makeup. :-) 

I use Bare Minerals foundation, but the rest of my makeup supply is all from the drug store. Cover Girl is one of my favorite brands. I have yet to find a lip stain that I like as much as I like theirs. 

I am always looking for mascara that will make my lashes look long and full and curly, aka how they looked in high school, and I think I might give this 24 hour mascara a shot.

CoverGirl LashBlast 24HR Mascara
If you buy this mascara online, you can get a nail gloss for free until December 29, 2012! And you can't beat free nail polish!  And in even better news, all new customers get 15% off their order with the code A9Z-MN5-KY3-ISA, and shipping is free on orders over $25!

So head on over and do some Cover Girl shopping!


Photobucket

Comments

Random! I just bought that Cover Girl Lash Blash 24 hour mascara a couple weeks ago. I used it twice, and the second time was only because I didn't have the opportunity to replace it yet. I thought it was terrible!! Not only did it still smear like regular mascara, it was also impossible to get off like waterproof mascara! I ended up pulling out half my eyelashes trying to get it off! I ended up throwing it away. Did you like it??
Sam M said…
They had a coupon in the P&G booklet in the paper a few weeks ago. I love covergirl lash blast. There's a bunch of different kinds. I also love the nailpolish I got. It lasted a long time.
Sarah said…
How did you know I've been looking for a good mascara?! :)

And look at you...all the fancy bloggers write posts for Blogher. Looks like you're REALLY REALLY official now! :)
Baby Sister said…
I do love CG. They are the cat's meow.