Sunday, December 16, 2012

tomorrow will be a rough return to the office

Well, despite the snazzy elf  hat that I wore all day Friday...
...the paralegals and our Whoville display did not win the office decorating contest.

Aka WE WERE ROBBED.

The aisle next to us did a Nightmare Before Christmas theme, and when the judges came around they broke out a strobe light and theme music.  Their ace in the hole.

Hello, second place.  Nice to see you again this year.  NOT.   

We tried to be gracious losers, but OH, IT WAS NOT EASY.

And to add salt to the wound, we had a little holiday party at a restaurant down the street after work, and I was the only person there who didn't win a door prize.  That's right.  The only person. 

FRIDAY WAS NOT MY DAY.
 
 My parents were going away for the weekend so on Saturday morning I headed home to stay with my sidekick, Emily and make sure she didn't host any wild parties while my parents were away.

And also to drive her to the movies on Saturday night and feed the dog.

The first order of business was getting manicures.  I got red and Emily got blue.  Evidently we were feeling very patriotic.

 After our manicures we strolled the mall for a little bit, and then came home to have a healthy, balanced meal of pizza and mozzarella sticks.

We ate in the family room because WILD AND CRAZY, and Rosie sat at my feet the entire time and stared straight ahead in what I can only imagine was an effort to convince herself there wasn't a giant slice of pizza six inches from her face.
 

 After that we rented a box truck and took it for a little Saturday evening joy ride.
 
 
 Oh, I kid.  Matt was actually moving and around 5:30 he called me and said, "Hey, look out your window!"  And there he was driving by in this hot rod, having the time of his life.

We came inside and I started to straighten up the kitchen, and I asked Emily to go see if the Christmas tree needed to be watered.

I walked out a few minutes later to find this.
 I'm just as confused as you are, Rosie.

Emily went to the movies last night which left me and Rosie home alone to read and watch House Hunters and eating Cap'n Crunch.  

It was glorious.  

And then I went up to my old bedroom to go to sleep and snuggled underneath the pile of blankets that were folded at the bottom of the bed.

This morning I wandered downstairs and asked Emily where the brown fleece blanket came from, because it was so soft and cozy.

Turns out the blanket is actually a gift for her Advent Angel at school.

Whoops
 Photobucket

22 comments:

Robin said...

That picture with Rosie and the pizza is funny! :)
Sorry that you didn't win any prizes.

Fash Boulevard said...

haha, oh my goodness, you are too darn cute. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Eleanor at Mirror Of My World said...

such a funny post. loving your elf hat and your ride in the truck! xo

Eleanor at Mirror Of My World said...

such a funny elf hat so cute and lovely post, the ride in the truck looked cool and your dog is v sweet xx

Laura @ Chaotic Domestic said...

I love the idea of an office decorating contest! I love your theme, it's so cute! I've never seen the Nightmare Before Christmas, so the other display probably wouldn't have made sense to me anyway :)

Sara said...

Sorry you didn't win the cube decorating contest! My office actually has a Halloween decorating contest for our cubes every year, and last year we were SURE we would win....definitely not the case.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Well it sounds like it was a good weekend!

Kirsten Wiemer said...

sounds like a fun weekend!
and we didn't win out decorating contest either and our whoville was fantastic.

K

Christy said...

Hey! A big thanks for stopping by earlier. I decided to stop by and follow your little journey! Loved the post, too funny!

Christy said...

Oh and BTW.... Y'all should have totally won the office decorating party. Pretty awesome!

Abbey said...

bahaha love the picture of her on the floor and the confused pup.

and yes, you were definitely robbed. Your whoville was awesome.

Sarah and Stewart said...

What?!?! I can't belive Whoville didn't win!!! You were totally robbed!

Hanny said...

Awe it's a bummer that you didn't win first and also the door prize?! I would had threw a fit, but this post is cute because even if you didn't most of the day didn't go so well it seemed you a great weekend :)



Just,Simply,Hanny

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Bummer on second place!

Your weekend looks nice and relaxing, which is awesome!

*LO* said...

you are so funny! you have a great way about writing! :)

i'm sorry to hear you didnt win the contest, or get a prize.. that sucks! next year, you'll get them!

Angela said...

Can't believe your Whoville didn't win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Xx

Married...with a Pup said...

Rosie is seriously the cutest! Ahh, manicures are heavenly! In fact, I could go for one right now haha!

Brooke Houston said...

Love the new layout. Sorry about your office contest and door prize. I was pretty much the only one that didn't win at mine either!

Sarah said...

You were robbed! Music and strobe lights = cheating! only counts if it's up all the time! Sounds like you had fun with your sister. Aren't sister's the best?!

Sam M said...

What? strobe lights? That is an intense decorating contest! They won't let us have christmas lights or hang anything from the ceiling at my work. LAME! Well at least she got a good gift for her advent angel!

Amy said...

Nightmare before Christmas?!?! AMAZING...ok sorry, i just love that.
BUT y'all should have won, i mean seriously y'alls was absolutely amazing!
and oh my gosh she passed out on the ground hahahahahah

Baby Sister said...

I can't believe you didn't win. So not cool. And no door prizes either? Sounds like a rough day. Hopefully the good weekend helped balance that out.