i had good intentions

This week I thought I would be organized and keep a list of things that popped into my mind that I wanted to write about.

And tonight I looked at my list.

Not only did I manage to spill water on it, but it's so jumbled that I probably would have been better off just going from memory.


I wrote "J. Aniston Aveeno" list night because Emily sent me this message and it cracked me up.


Something tell me Jen's skincare routine is a little fancier than an $8.99 bottle of face wash from Wal Mart.

I went to the dentist this week for my six month cleaning which is probably why I wrote that down, but nothing remarkable happened unless you count the fact that I walked into the exam room and was immediately greeted by this photo of my mouth on the big screen.  And it stayed on the screen for the entire appointment.

(I blurred it because no one needs to see that in high def.)

Turns out I'm not always as photogenic as I thought.  Not even some Aveeno could help that situation.  I'm unsure of what the purpose of displaying the photo was, unless the dentist wanted to make sure he had the right mouth.

Or maybe just to keep me humble.

I put dinner in the oven before I left for my appointment.  It was just chicken, potatoes, and carrots with gravy on top.  I'm sorry to report that while the chicken was delicious, the carrots were a bit on the al dente side, and the potatoes were downright raw.  They literally crunched when you bit into them, hence "potatoes crunch" on my list.

One bit and I almost broke a freshly cleaned tooth.

Imagine how bad that photo would've looked then.

I'm at a loss for why I wrote down "Jake Tapper debate."  Although I do feel like Jake is a close personal friend of mine, because the doctor who treated my scoliosis when I was younger knew his dad.

I hardly ever see Jake Tapper these days because I don't watch CNN very often, but I had it on during the VP debate and I'm watching some hurricane coverage right now.

And Jake's coworker, Rosa the weather reporter, just said, "I want to show you what's going on down the road, just let me get into my rolling coverage vehicle."

And she proceeded to step into the news van.

Let's call a spade a spade van a van, Rosa.

In all seriousness, I hope everyone in the hurricane's path stays safe this weekend.

Happy Friday!

Comments

Faith said…
Ha, it's a good idea to jot down things you want to talk about .. I think I should do that too because often great ideas disappear because I always forget about them.

Oh and crunchy potatoes ... I think they're the worst.

Have a great weekend!
Love your list. All of my great ideas seem to get lost before they make it to the blog.

Sorry your potatoes didn't come out quite as expected. That is the worst.

Happy Friday.

The Lovely Latte
I agree that Jen Aniston absolutley DOES NOT use Aveeno. Riiiigghhhttt and I'm the Pope. Interesting that the dentist kept that pictures up the ENTIRE appointment... hmmmm. Have a great weekend!
Julie said…
My dentist does all the latest technology too with those pictures, etc, and its like, "i'm good, you can take that down now"!
Darcy said…
Oh my gosh, I have never seen a dentist use that in their office before! I hope mine doesn't ever get that technology... talk about uncomfortable haha
www.amemoryofus.com
Brianne said…
Sorry about the potatoes. Lol I would not want a picture of my mouth up the entire time I was in for a cleaning. No thank you.
Rebecca Jo said…
I need to start writing random lists & going back & looking at them. Itd be crazy to see how my brain works.
I seriously laughed for like 5 minutes about that mouth on the TV - WHYYYYYY would they leave that up. Does anyone really want to see their teeth in that position?
I consider Jennifer Aniston as the girl next door so in my mind, she's totally using Aveeno Lotion ;)
Sarah said…
Rosa would do well in the Army. They call cars POV's- Privately Owned Vehicle. It's ridiculous because it takes literally three times as long to say POV as it does to say car.
gah, the dentist. I need to make an appointment.

Rolling coverage vehicle...
I am dying at 'rolling coverage vehicle'!!! Hahaha. Oh the dentist...I should probably find one here and go...it's been about a year now...yikes.
Emily said…
Hahahaha! Last night as I pulled out my to-do list, I thought about writing a blog about how unorganized my list of trying to stay organized was. And then I spilled wine on it. And then it looked a lot like your list up there, so I'm glad you wrote a post about this! :)

And now I don't know who or what I can trust since you said you don't like J. Anni uses Aveeno!!! ;)
Hahaha, love how random this is! Even better that you spilled water on it!
Robin said…
I wonder if there are people who seriously believe that celebrities use those products, haha. Maybe you could roast the potatoes only for about 20 minutes, then add the carrots, chicken, and gravy?
Jess said…
hahaha I love all your random notes. I always have the same thought about Jennifer Aniston when I see the Aveeno commercials. Like "hmm really girl?" *skeptical head tilt* And that's wild (and awkward!) that you have to look at your mouth through your whole dentist appointment! I hope my dentist doesn't implement that system!
Oh. My. Gosh. Rolling coverage vehicle! Hahaha! That's amazing. Thanks for the laugh.
The list made me laugh!! And Jennifer Aniston and aveeno!! Hahaha
Emily Jane said…
LMBO @ "Rolling coverage vehicle". & the massive mouth pictures on the TV.

I think it's awesome you jot stuff down. I should start. Stuff happens I just forget about it 85% of the time.
All the giggles while reading this post.
The connection between you and Jake Tapper is so close that I think you should have him on speed dial.
Haha! I always think about celebrities that advertise a product! A millionaire using a cheap (to them) product?
Marco said…
That's weird you could see your mouth on the screen the whole time. I laughed at the "potato crunch" part of your story. Cooking can be challenging. I teach cooking lessons at the local college and you can see the kids struggling with it sometimes. Some of them don't know how to boil water. Who can't boil water?

Marco @ Natural Dentistry