Tuesday, December 20, 2016

one more post about christmas shopping

When Michelle and I lived together after college, we sent out Christmas cards.

My favorite was when we dressed up like trees and mailed out a card to all of our family and friends that said, "Have a tree-mendous Christmas."

We even sent one to Hoda and Kathie Lee in hopes that our cleverness would get us a guest spot on the fourth hour of the Today Show, but that call never came.

I couldn't convince Matt to dress himself up like a tree this year, so I selected a photo we already had for our Christmas card.  We went to a wedding in May, so I chose that photo since we were all spiffed up and both wearing blue.

When Matt asked me which photo I chose, I said, "one from the wedding," assuming that he'd know exactly which wedding I was referring to.

A little while later, Matt said, "Maybe you should rethink the photo.  I think it's a little weird to send  picture of us that's three years old."

When I said "the wedding" he thought I meant OUR wedding.  Which yes, would definitely be weird three years later.

Our cards just came in and I'm heading to the post office tomorrow to send them out.  This year I got them from Tiny Prints, and I love how they turned out!

Tiny Prints had so many cute things on their site this season, so I picked up a few extra gifts.  I got this "L" coffee mug and notepad for my mother-in-law.

I also ordered this neat metal print for my mom, it's her favorite picture of us kids.  And because I always buy one gift for myself when I'm shopping, I ordered this neat curved glass print of my favorite park for my office!



If you need a last minute gift, or are sending out Christmas (or New Year's!) cards, definitely check out Tiny Prints!

And Merry Christmas, from us!



10 comments:

Lizzie Simantz said...

Ha ha so funny your hubby thought you meant from your wedding :) Very cute card, love the gift you got your Mom too!

Brianne said...

I love the way all of your gifts turned out. Now I'm kind of wishing you would have used your wedding photo lol. Weird? Probably. But it probably would've been the most talked about Christmas card.

Kelly said...

That Christmas tree photo is too good! Can't believe Kathie Lee never called...

Julie said...

I need to remember tiny prints next year, it seems like everyone used them this year.

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

I've used them twice for cards. I was always very satisfied with the quality. We haven't done them in a few years though.

Rebecca Jo said...

I now want to put my 22 year wedding pic on our christmas cards ;) haha

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Haha y'all are hilarious! I love the tree-mendous idea. My mom and dad always do a ridiculous card (this year we took a picture with a cardboard cutout of the pope - I kid you not) so she would get a kick out of this idea. I may have to tell her about it for next year!

Kristy Sayer-Jones @ Southern In Law said...

That "tree-mendous" Christmas card is the best! Hahaha!

That curved glass print looks awesome! Jesse really wants a glass print for our living room but I haven't yet decided what photo to do on it!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

How beautiful is that metal print for your mom, and LOVING the "tree-mendous" Christmas picture! Amazing! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year <3
Green Fashionista

Hilary said...

Aww, your Christmas card is super cute!