i certainly hope that last thing isn't true

I wasn’t going to write anything today, but then I thought about the possibility of years from now wondering what I was thinking about on April 14, 2011 and not having an answer.  And I don’t know that I could handle that sort of tragedy.

Today is the first sunny day in what seems like forever.  I feel as though we have had WEEKS AND WEEKS of rain and cold weather even though I know full well that it was sunny and eighty degrees on Monday.  The trees are finally starting to bloom, which is a relief because it means they have recovered from the snow we had on April 1st.  That’s right.  It snowed here on April Fools Day, and you better believe that every meteorologist in the tri-state area got A LOT of mileage out of that built in April Fools joke.

So the sun has me thinking about summer, and there are a few Big Events on my summer calendar and one of them is the free concert our city’s country radio station puts on each June. 

This year the headliner is Jason Aldean and while I’ve never seen him in concert, I’m confident that I will love him and have been practicing his songs in preparation for the big day.  I want to be prepared in case I am invited on stage for a duet.  Thompson Square  will also be there and will hopefully sing their hit song “Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?”  Not only is that a lovely song, but I have great admiration for an artist who can incorporate suspense into their music.  Is he going to kiss her?  Or not?  That’s probably part of the reason why I like Meatloaf so much.  After years of pondering I still don’t know what it is that he wouldn’t do for love.

The other night Stacy and I went to a bar to try to win tickets to the concert.  We went inside, got our raffle tickets, and walked out seventeen minutes later with 4 passes to the concert. 

Perhaps that luck would transfer to the lottery.

As we were leaving I saw my man Tim McGraw looking positively LARGER THAN LIFE on the side of one of the radio station vans, and of course I wanted my picture with him STAT.

Stacy agreed to take a few, and the results are photographic memories that I will treasure forever and may quite possibly frame and hang in a prominent place. 
Don't Tim and I look great together?
Turns out taking a cell phone picture outside at night is more complicated than it sounds.

Hopefully we will be able to locate the van at the concert in broad daylight and can try to recreate this priceless shot.

P.S. – I am always entertained when I see what google search terms have brought people here to Oh Laura Darling.  Most of them are some variation of “Oh Laura Darling blog,” but here are some other popular ones…

-          but you’ve always known who I am
-          laura darling breaks a leg
-          hillshire farms dangers
-          hue teal corduroy leggings
-          laura darling sings
-          laura darling elementary
-          I am their favorite
-          Do all passengers have to go through a body scanner
-          Gray area of poetry
-          Having multiple pairs of sweatpants in college

And my very favorite…”I embarrassed my mom with my actions.”

Sorry Mom.

Comments

Jamie Lane said…
Those google searches are great!!
stefanie said…
Oh my, it's been 80+ degrees here since the beginning of March. And it will only get warmer. ;)

My husband's new iPhone 4 has a flash built-in. It will make taking night pictures so much easier.
GreenGirl said…
Haha!
That's awesome!
Stephany said…
Umm...I must say THANK YOU for commenting on my blog so I could check out yours and FALL IN LOVE with your writing style. I hope I'm not coming off as creepy. Hm.

Also...having multiple pairs of sweatpants in college is a requirement. Absolutely necessary.
Baby Sister said…
Lol. Those are awesome searches!! I love the second to last one.
Things to Do said…
Hillshire farms IS a danger. I'm glad that someone is finally speaking out! :)
Anonymous said…
Never- not once- have you embarrassed your mom.I think there is a hand signal for that.
Linka said…
Lol! You are such a great writer! I am so glad you wrote on April 14th the tragedy would have reigned for us as well. :)
vintch said…
haha "i embarrassed my mom with my actions." i love it! and such a funny post:)
Sarah said…
We have so many of the same men! Tim McGraw,Brad Paisley,the list goes on. It's a good thing we like each other or major fights might break out between us! ;)
Caitlin said…
I sure could use some sun as well...and bummer on the Tim McGraw pics! :( I had a good laugh at your Google searches...having never searched for such strange sentences I always wonder what on earth people were thinking when they Googled it.
haha sorry your pics didn't turn out! It's ok..you'll never forget the memories!! Loved reading this, you're too funny!
Haha.. love your google search terms! I don't think any of mine are nearly that creative. : ) Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Chels said…
Haha, I LOVE the google search phrases...
Thank you for the compliment about my work over on my blog!! :) Glad I found your blog!
Alex said…
One question I have seriously been pondering my whole life is what the hell meatloaf won't do for love. Why doesn't he just spell it out for us?! It's one of the great mysteries of the ages.
Sarah said…
I used to go to that free concert ever single year and much planning when into it. Have fun with your 4 passes!