just when you think you've seen it all

A few weeks before I moved into my new apartment my mom and I went to the store to look at vacuums.  It was very exciting for me because do you know who buys vacuums?  Grown ups.  We looked at a whole bunch and I finally settled on a lovely Bissel.  I was sold on the EXCLUSIVE HELIX ACTION SYSTEM.


I was so proud of that vacuum that I put it together and tried it out as soon as I got home.  I even announced that it was so pretty that I was considering artfully placing it in a corner and using it as a decorative piece in my new living room.

Because let's be honest.  That's one beautiful Bissel.

And that's when my mom said, "Hey! You should get one of those vacuum dresses!"

Hold. The. Phone. Vacuum dresses?

It turns out that there is an entire market for people who like to dress their vacuums up as ladies and livestock and even a seasonal Santa Claus.  I had never heard of a vacuum in costume, but after spending some time on this website, I was intrigued.

But then I moved and decided that a Bissel in the corner, even one with an EXCLUSIVE helix action system, might take away from the sophisticated look that Michelle and I were going for in the decor department.  So I rolled the Bissel into the closet and didn't think another thought about vacuum displays.


Until this past weekend.  My parents and sister spent the weekend visiting my great-aunt and late on Saturday night Emily texted me and said, "It's dark in my room but I'm pretty sure I see one of those vacuum covers.  I'll look in the morning when it's light and let you know."

Well, her eyes, they had not deceived her.  And in the morning my aunt generously sent her vacuum cover home to live with me.  Which explains why Michelle and I now have a four foot rabbit residing in our apartment...
And it's not just any old rabbit.  It's a rabbit wearing an apron AND a bonnet.  She is one classy cottontail.

I still don't think I understand how disguising your vacuum as a large woodland critter or well-dressed woman necessarily makes its presence in your living room less obvious.  

However, it certainly makes it a lot more fun.

And provides a permanent conversation piece.

I think we're going to get along just fine with our new roomie.  I better go buy some carrots.

Comments

Fran said…
Oh dear Lord... just... why?! lol
REBrown said…
These are SO CREEPY! My great grandma just to have one that was an old lady and she just sat in the corner....watching.....and waiting.
Laura said…
That is the funniest thing ever!

...although kinda creepy too!

~Laura
oh my word. I never heard of such a thing. Hilarious.

~K
Hilary Lane said…
Oh my goodness, that is hilarious!
Amanda said…
Hahahahha! Lauhing out loud on this one. Can't believe you have a rabbit. Did you name her?
I have NEVER heard of these or seen them!!
Samantha said…
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha. I love it. What's her name?
eah42 said…
this is adorable!!
Hahahaha this is amazing! Never knew this existed, what will they think of next?!
Bethany said…
Hahaha that is fantastic! I've never seen a vacuum dress before...who knew?!I will have to keep an eye out when I visit people to see what sorts of creatures they are hiding. :)
Baby Sister said…
Wow. Just wow. That is just...crazy. I didn't even know those existed!!