Skip to main content

untitled

Well, I got my hair cut last night.

I imagine that there are people out there who can get their hair cut without hours, and perhaps even days of research and deliberation and sometimes even a list of pros and cons.  I admire those people, but I am not one of them.  I started thinking about a haircut over the weekend, and planned to dedicate a solid chunk of Monday evening to researching potential styles.  But then Matt texted me around dinnertime and we had the following conversation:

Matt: "I just wanted to remind you that your favorite show is on tonight."

Me: "MOONSHINERS?!"

Matt: "Your other favorite show.  First Week In.  That new show about prisoners and their first week in jail."

I'd like to just take a moment here and explain that my new-found love for television shows that focus on prisoners, police activity, and secret felonious whiskey making surprises even me.  However, I cannot get enough.  I suppose I am just fascinated by the whole criminal process - the arrest and the prison sentence and even the strategy of people who secretly make whiskey in the woods.


And so I did not get any hair research done on Monday night because I was too busy watching people being booked for various charges and outfitted in color coded jumpsuits while trying to convince the guards for some phone time so they could call their bail bondsman.  

On Tuesday night I was able to talk hair with Emily, and she provided the strong, sisterly support that I needed in my moment of follicular weakness.  After about forty five minutes of hair talk, I told her that "right now it kind of looks like GIRLFRIEND NEED A HAIRBRUSH AND PERHAPS A 360 DEGREE MIRROR." 


And she said that "Maybe GIRLFRIEND NEEDS TO CALM IT DOWN, AFTER ALL IT IS JUST HAIR."

She's right.  Girlfriend needed some PERSPECTIVE.

That bring us to Wednesday morning.  Wednesday was a depressing, doozy of a morning at work.

A deproozy, if you will.

That deproozy led me to the courthouse to get something signed at about 10:00 on Wednesday, and as I walked through security the older gentleman manning the metal detector cheerfully greeted me with, "Morning, kiddo!"

Kiddo.


TIME FOR A GROWN UP HAIR CUT.

As I sat on the bench outside the courtroom, I was trying to get my mind off of the sad reason that I was there and focus my thoughts on something positive.  So I called my hairdresser and made an appointment for last night, and then looked up pictures of my hair idol, Kristin Cavallari, so I could tell the hairdresser EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.

And when I sat down in the salon chair at 6:00 sharp I simply said, "I need help."

All that.  They days of thought.  The research.  The pictures.  The technical terminology like "choppy layers"
 and "sharp angles."

Luckily the hairdresser read my mind because she gave me a new hairstyle that is exactly what I was imagining.

And the best part is that while no one called me Kristin Cavallari today, no one called me kiddo either.

Comments

What?! No pictures?!

~Kathryn
Morgan said…
I have a love/hate relationship with getting my hair cut. It's like... My hair feels better after a hair cut, but I freak out a lot before I go.

I had a bad experience one time so I blame that.
Sarah said…
I like to think I helped by suggesting you don't want to look like Hannah Montana. ;)

Carla said…
Where's the picture of this new grown up haircut?
Baby Sister said…
I hate getting my hair cut. It's such a stressful experience. Here's hoping there's a picture in the other two posts I have yet to read. :)
Samantha said…
Where is the picture of said grown-up hair?
Anonymous said…
I need to to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of
it. I have got you saved as a favorite to check out new stuff you post…

My website: Authentic Evgeni Malkin Jersey
Anonymous said…
I need to to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely enjoyed
every little bit of it. I have got you saved as
a favorite to check out new stuff you post…

My web site :: Authentic Evgeni Malkin Jersey
Anonymous said…
Excellent article. I will be facing a few of these issues as well.
.

Also visit my blog; Abercrombie Pas Cher

Popular posts from this blog

what i've been reading

I decided to try something new for the blog today, and I'm joining my first ever Show Us Your Books link-up with Stephanie and Jana to share the books I read in June!


Party Girl, by Rachel Hollis:  A few weeks ago I logged into my Amazon account, only to realize that I'd been the beneficiary of $17.00 in credit thanks to a class action lawsuit I didn't even know I was a part of.  I decided to download Rachel Hollis' series since I am a big fan of her website, The Chic Site, and had been dying to read her books for quite some time.  Party Girl is the first book in the series, and I read it in a few long porch sitting sessions over the course of a weekend.  The book is based on the author's life, and how she got her start as a Hollywood party planner.  I was rooting for the main character the whole time, and the book was fun, light, and made me laugh.  Which is something we could all probably use these days.

The Good Girl, by Mary Kubica: I've heard that this is si…

there's no place like home

Well, it's been a long week.

I mean long in the sense that I got home at 7:00 last night, after being away for work since Monday, and I immediately changed into some lounge wear.

And then I came down into the kitchen and Matt said, "Um, I think your sweatpants might be on backwards."

MY SWEATPANTS WERE ON BACKWARDS.

I left for my trip on Monday afternoon.  The rental car pickins were slim at Enterprise, so I went with a Ford Focus because I have a Ford Focus, so I wouldn't have to learn any tricky new radio knobs or windshield wiper controls.  I believe I fall squarely into the category of seasoned Ford Focus expert.

And then I drove the first 1.6 miles in the rental Focus in low gear.  It felt a little sluggish, but it didn't even occur to me to check and make sure the right gear was selected until I went to shift it into "park" at the gas station and realized the gear shift was on L.

The rest of the drive was problem free, and when I settled into my r…

and i was the english major

My brother and sister and I have a group text, and it really gets busy during election season.  Last Monday, as the Iowa caucus results came it, let's just say there were a lot of corny jokes.

It was a-maize-ing.

I knew the group text would be busy on Saturday night because of the Republican debate, but I didn't realize we would be discussing such controversial topics.

Can't wait until convention season.