Monday, January 2, 2012

perhaps a hair care line isn't a bad idea

Well, we are now two days into 2012.  I was planning to write about my weekend and our New Year's Eve festivities, but at this moment I am inexplicably unable to form any sort of coherent story line about how we rang in 2012.
Instead I am thinking about all sorts of things, including but not limited to my goals for the new year.  I've never really made resolutions before, but this year I decided to jump on the bandwagon and create three goals for myself.  

First, I am going to have all of my work clothes for the week ironed and picked out by Sunday night.  I've pretty much been operating on the "open the closet twenty minutes before I have to leave and pray to the heavens above that there is something clean/ironed/appropriate in there" method.

That method is not working for me and leads to great frustration on the mornings when all I can come up with is a pair of semi-wrinkled brown pants and an assortment of black sweaters.

Resolution #2 is to actually get up when my alarm goes off in the morning.  This may seem like standard practice for some people, but I tend to lay in bed for AT LEAST thirty minutes after my alarm goes off EVERY, SINGLE MORNING and think about THE INJUSTICE OF HAVING TO GET UP SO EARLY.

I don't know why I am always so surprised when the alarm goes off.  It's not like 6:30 doesn't come around EACH AND EVERY MORNING.

My third goal was to stop eating snacks right before I go to sleep.  I say "was" because it's 11:00 and, true to form, I just made myself a pot of angel hair pasta and tomato sauce with sausage and peppers.  So maybe that resolution can wait until 2013.

Yesterday I went to the mall because recently I have been walking a rough makeup road.  A few years ago I tried Bare Minerals makeup.  AND OH HOW I LOVED IT.  What I did not love was the price tag, so after I finished it, I started using Maybelline's mineral makeup, hopeful that it would be comparable to Bare Minerals. 

It didn't even come close. 

And ever since then I have been back and forth with Bare Minerals.  I decided that yesterday was the day to reunite with Bare Minerals, and plus it felt easier to blow fifty bucks on makeup if I could do it under the guise of buying myself a celebratory new year's day gift.

It's been so long since I've used it that I had forgotten what color to buy.  I went into the Bare Minerals store and asked one of the employees if she could match my color for me.  Her name was Cara and as I sat in the chair she tried to sucker me into buying the super starter kit because it came with three brushes!  And bronzer! And shampoo!

I'll be honest, I was actually an easy sell because there is nothing I love more than experimenting with a new, chemical free shampoo.  And I told Cara as much.

"Oh wow, shampoo!  I didn't even know you guys had a shampoo line!!"

Nothing.  No reaction.  I figured that Cara was just stunned by how fantastic I looked in Light #2, Matte, and was contemplating asking me if I would like to be a model for Bare Minerals and that's why she didn't response to my shampoo statement.

I left the mall with my bag o' goodies and when I got home, I immediately went to the bathroom to introduce my products to their new home.  I zipped the powders and brushes in my makeup bag and as I went to put the shampoo in the shower, I took a look at it.
Brush conditioning shampoo.

No wonder I didn't even know Bare Minerals had a shampoo line.  THEY DON'T.  It wasn't shampoo for people, it was shampoo for MAKEUP BRUSHES.

And so, I had my first faux pas of the New Year.  It was bound to happen, I suppose.  

At least I will have clean makeup brushes for the new year.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Brush conditioning shampoo?!?! They think of anything these days!

~Laura

Renee@This Won't Hurt A Bit said...

Apparently it's very important for you to keep your makeup brushes clean. Which I do not. Let me know how that 'shampoo' works for you! :)

Monique said...

I seem to have an identical routine to you in the morning. I press the snooze button three times each day then scramble to find the least wrinkly shirt and pant combo before dashing out the door 25 minutes later. And I would have squealed with delight at a Bare Minerals shampoo, too. It is the only foundation I use.

Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, I totally did not see that one coming. She would have definitely got me too! And I'm with you on the waking up early thing.... I lie in bed for way to long before I get up. It's a cruel, cruel world when that alarm clock goes off in the morning.... =(

Baby Sister said...

Seriously? Makeup brushes have a shampoo?? Who knew!! I would have thought the same thing as you...

Sarah said...

Oh Lord, I would have march back there and returned it and asked for a discount on my next purchase as a result of false advertising. (Totally joking about the second part, but that baby would have been returned for sure!) Does the conditioner make your face oily??

Living in Cancer said...

This is a total me moment. Just in case you were feeling alone in this. Hope your new year was awesome!

Holli said...

I would so do this!! ;)