Thursday, November 24, 2016

thankful for friends and family and food and matt's stellar customer service skills

Dinner last night involved sauteing chicken, is a skill that is not in my culinary wheelhouse.  I get nervous that I'm going to under-cook it, and then I end up overcooking it. Therefore, Matt cooked and since he was the chef, he had the privilege of choosing the music.  We have an Amazon Alexa in the kitchen and it is probably my favorite home appliance.

I'd give up my washing machine if it meant I could keep my Alexa.

When I cook, I usually select either country music, Bruce Hornsby on Pandora, or conservative talk radio.  Matt picked some sort of rock and roll.  At one point he was singing along and said to me, "Do you hear this?  Lead vocals and background vocals.  I do it all."


Anyway, it's now Thursday and I'm so happy this short work week is over.  Things have been stressful at work and let's just say I've been wearing my nighttime mouth guard during the day due to subconscious clenching that my dentist attributes to stress.

Basically I turned 28 and now I sleep with a mouth guard.  Matt is  lucky guy.

The week kicked off on a high note though because we had Thanksgiving dinner with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and Annabelle.  My brother and sister-in-law hosted and they did a fantastic job.  
(Clearly we do not shy away from patterned apparel.)

We have one more Thanksgiving dinner this week, Annabelle is coming on Friday, Emily and I are going Black Friday evening shopping, and my nephew's second birthday party is Saturday night.

We are also going to get started on some holiday baking, since we have a plethora of eggs.

Speaking of eggs, during dinner last night, there was a knock at the door.

It was UPS with Matt's replacement date stamp.

That's right.  Matt ordered a date stamp from Amazon over the weekend so that he could stamp the dates on our eggs.  However, what was delivered was a stamp with text, not numbers.  So if you want an egg stamped with "faxed" or "confidential," come on over.
(I think this is supposed to say 'original.'  It's a little tricky to stamp a four syllable word on an egg.)

I suggested that we assign each office word a day of the week.  For example, "approved" could mean Tuesday.  "Filed" would mean Thursday.

Matt suggested that we simply return the stamp which I guess made more sense but didn't sound nearly as adventurous.

So, tonight the return stamp was delivered and when we opened the box, it was the same, incorrect one.

Matt said "OH MAN!! HOW COME I KEEP GETTING THE ONE WITH WORDS?"  and I cracked up (get it?) because talk about a first world problem.  Matt got on the phone with Adrienne from Amazon and explained his predicament. She put him on hold for a second and I (jokingly) suggested that he fake cry when she got back on the phone.

And then she got back on the phone and he started to FAKE CRY.

I didn't mean for him to actually do it.

But now we have three free months of Amazon prime and a free deluxe date stamp coming our way.

And I'm letting Matt handle all customer service issues from here on out.

13 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Turkey Day!!!

Heather @ Heathers Hurrah said...

Hahaha that is awesome - he's definitely in charge of complaints from now on. Hope you have a very happy thanksgiving with your family :)

Vanessa Best said...

ha! I love that you can stamp your eggs! I would not have thought of doing that! CUTE! Happy Thanksgiving!

Rachel said...

ahahaha--fake crying, well hopefully you do actually get the actual date stamp this time! That's funny you were sent the same wrong stamp twice.

Tina @AmindfulFairytale said...

Such a funny story! Fake crying works every time! :)

Kristy Sayer-Jones @ Southern In Law said...

I am DYING! I love that Matt fake cried to get a replacement, hahahahaha! SO good!

Here's hoping the next stamp is the right one!

Brianne said...

Hahaha I love that he actually fake cried!

Lux G. said...

Haha. That must be really hilarious. :D
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your fam.

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

Oh how funny! That's awesome! And I clinch my jaws when I'm stressed too in my sleep! Then it turns into a headache!!

Parrott Ponderings said...

Haha this is too funny! Whatever gets the job done... who knew a fake cry could get you three months of amazon prime?!

Michelle said...

HE FAKE CRIED?! Please tell me you recorded this somehow.

rooth said...

Best Egg Story ever. Your household is a riot

JKemper said...

This is hilarious! You should sell eggs and stamp "confidential" on all of them and then when people ask why ask them "what are you talking about?" All while winking at them.
I make my husband do all of the phone calls. I dread phone calls and he always know the charm to haggling.