Skip to main content

typo

Emily and I had the following text conversation today.

Me: I have a new favorite song.  It's called Slice by Five for Fighting.  Listen to it when you get home from school.  But don't leave school just to listen to it.  Cause you know what I always say...be kool.  Stay in skool. *

Emily: Ok.  You are so weird. e.**

Me: You on the bus?

Emily:  Yes, Mom.  e.***

Me: What are you doing tonight?

Emily:  We are...GOING TO SONIC!!! And fyi, your girl whitney is on the radio on the bus right now.  e.****

Me: SONIC?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?! Tell me more! And gotta love Whitney.  And of course my rendition of "I Wanna Dance With Somebody."

Em: Mom and Dad are ordering out so you and me are going to Sonic, oh sister dear, bff.  And I Wanna Dance With Somebody is on now.  I laughed when it came on. e.*****

Me:  You have made my day.  No-week.  No-YEAR!!  What ever will I get?

Em: The snack trio? e.

Me: Yeah, maybe. Or vodka.

Em: Well you DO have to drive us there, remember. e.

Me: TWELVE!!!!  I meant TWELVE! I might get twelve snack trios!  Hahaha I must have hit some incorrect buttons and that's what T9 came up with!******

Em:  I was gonna say...   e.

Me: Haha OH MY.  Well I also need to get my car washed-you game?  No vodka. PROMISE.

-----------------------------

*I actually don't always say that. 

** Em has started "signing" all of her texts with an "e."  Personally I think it's slightly redundant since if she sent the message, I figure it's pretty safe to assume that she wrote it too.  I guess she just likes the reassurance.

***This was totally said/typed with an attitude.  It's her way of asking me WHY ARE YOU ALL UP IN MY BUSINESS?  But, what can I say?  I like to know where my people are at all times.  Some people would call that nosy.  I like to use the word "informed."

**** She was referring to Whitney Houston.  I consider myself to be pretty good buds with old Whitney since I sing her songs on a regular basis, which is why Em feels comfortable referring to her as "my girl Whitney."

*****She wrote "you and me."  It should be "you and I."  Knife in my English major heart.  And I promise she really did call me "oh sister dear, bff."

******I was exaggerating with the twelve snack trios.  But let's be honest here.  One measly snack trio does not a dinner make.

I got home from work tonight and we were ready to kick off our evening of excitement with a trip through the car wash.  Unfortunately it was closed when we got there, but I needed to vacuum Old Blue anyway. (I am still find kitty litter from my horrible flooding experience.)  Em took it upon herself to photograph the event.
 And then...SONIC TIME.  I did not, in fact, get the snack trio.  Or vodka, for that matter.  But dinner was delicious and Em and I are still SONIC'S BIGGEST FANS. 
 But the night wasn't over yet.  I know what you're thinking.  Laura, there is absolutely no way your night could have POSSIBLY gotten any more exciting!  But alas, it did.  We pulled out of the Sonic parking lot, or as I like to call it, The Most Dangerous Place In The County To Drive Your Car, and headed for WalMart.  I KNOW!  If that's not living on the edge, I don't know what is. 


We turned the radio on and by a stroke of luck, or perhaps divine intervention, we tuned in just in time for the Philly Five Breakdown.  And the number one song was none other than my buddy Flo Rida's "Club Can't Handle Me," a song whose title was obviously based on me and my crazy clubbing habits.  Emily felt the song was cool enough to warrant turning on the sweet ambient lighting feature that came with my car (thank you, Dad!), and proceeded to photograph her Sonic cup illuminated by every color of the rainbow.
Exciting night, right?  We might need to take it down a few notches in the future because seriously, I don't know if we can keep up this pace.  But, imagine how much fun it would have been if there really was vodka involved. 

Ha.

Just kidding.

Really.


That would have been weird.

Goodnight.

Comments

Leanne said…
Haha, I love the signing out with an e! And what decent friend would you be if you weren't in everyone's business? It's a sign of love. XD
Anonymous said…
This is a riot. I am laughing out loud, and people are looking at me funny.
ae said…
Ha! What an exciting night?! And, yes, "informed" is a very good term!!
MissEmy said…
LOVE Sonic!! hehee. When I first started blogging I used to leave my name at the end of every comment. If that's not redundant... I don't know what is!! :) Your sister sounds cute, haha
Julianna said…
Thanks so much! It's been fun so far!!
Your entries really crack me up! :)
I love your blog! Hope you have a great weekend as well!!
GreenGirl said…
Haha! You really made me laugh today...just what I needed. My texts with my friends are very similar...
My friend sent me a text from a party in Boston saying, "Your jam is playing..."
I have yet to figure out what song it was...but a high likelihood it was "I wanna dance with somebody" because, seriously, you can't help but singing along...
Same goes for Man in the Mirror...

Popular posts from this blog

what i've been reading

I decided to try something new for the blog today, and I'm joining my first ever Show Us Your Books link-up with Stephanie and Jana to share the books I read in June!


Party Girl, by Rachel Hollis:  A few weeks ago I logged into my Amazon account, only to realize that I'd been the beneficiary of $17.00 in credit thanks to a class action lawsuit I didn't even know I was a part of.  I decided to download Rachel Hollis' series since I am a big fan of her website, The Chic Site, and had been dying to read her books for quite some time.  Party Girl is the first book in the series, and I read it in a few long porch sitting sessions over the course of a weekend.  The book is based on the author's life, and how she got her start as a Hollywood party planner.  I was rooting for the main character the whole time, and the book was fun, light, and made me laugh.  Which is something we could all probably use these days.

The Good Girl, by Mary Kubica: I've heard that this is si…

there's no place like home

Well, it's been a long week.

I mean long in the sense that I got home at 7:00 last night, after being away for work since Monday, and I immediately changed into some lounge wear.

And then I came down into the kitchen and Matt said, "Um, I think your sweatpants might be on backwards."

MY SWEATPANTS WERE ON BACKWARDS.

I left for my trip on Monday afternoon.  The rental car pickins were slim at Enterprise, so I went with a Ford Focus because I have a Ford Focus, so I wouldn't have to learn any tricky new radio knobs or windshield wiper controls.  I believe I fall squarely into the category of seasoned Ford Focus expert.

And then I drove the first 1.6 miles in the rental Focus in low gear.  It felt a little sluggish, but it didn't even occur to me to check and make sure the right gear was selected until I went to shift it into "park" at the gas station and realized the gear shift was on L.

The rest of the drive was problem free, and when I settled into my r…

and i was the english major

My brother and sister and I have a group text, and it really gets busy during election season.  Last Monday, as the Iowa caucus results came it, let's just say there were a lot of corny jokes.

It was a-maize-ing.

I knew the group text would be busy on Saturday night because of the Republican debate, but I didn't realize we would be discussing such controversial topics.

Can't wait until convention season.