Tuesday, December 28, 2010

now would be a great time to practice a safe following distance

The other day Stacy and I were Christmas shopping, and she had to pick up a grill for her dad at Sear's.  While I waited in the parking, I saw this...
Call me crazy, but for some reason an eighteen inch piece of duct tape keeping this trunk closed just doesn't scream TOTALLY SAFE AND RELIABLE to me.  Especially since this picture was taken in the parking lot of the Sear's appliance department. 

And a washing machine had just been loaded in the back.

13 comments:

Morgan said...

I'm with you! I would NOT want to be driving behind them! :)

elleswim said...

It looks totally safe to me...I don't understand what you're talking about ;)

Jamie Lane said...

yowzers!

Nikki said...

Yikes! Although I would like to benefit from their stupidity. Assuming they have insurance and I'm not injured of course.

Things to Do said...

Um, I was under the belief that duct tape was a one stop shop for all things that need fixed. :)

Jessica said...

Yeah, not sure I'd like to be going down the interstate behind that guy! Haha!

bananas. said...

ooh hoo that looks like bad news!

did you follow the car just to see if the washing machine fell out? i totally would have...lol.

Jenn W said...

yeah, pretty sure that door would've flown open !

Sarah said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love your blog and will be an avid follower from this moment forward!
P.S. Duck tape is pretty awesome, but that's pushing it!

Jena Carper said...

Ha ha. Hope they didn't have anything valuable in there!

Kara said...

Oh, no! At least you knew who not to drive behind on your way home!

Ashley said...

hahaha this is hilarious! thanks for the comment! i'm loving your blog :)

Petchie said...

hahaha that is definitely not safe! I wonder if they ever got that machine home in one piece!

xoxo
Petchie