emily, j-lo, and some questionable jewelry taste

I am fighting the urge to begin this post with “I don’t have much say today….”  It seems that whenever I do that, I end up going on and on and on.  And on.  And I have reason to believe that that will be the case today as well.

Anyway.

This week has been pretty quiet around here, partly because Emily has exams this week in school, and apparently my popping into her room to chat several times an hour between 6 and 10 pm is seen as a distraction from this crazy thing called studying.  Although, she did come into my room the other night during her study hours to ask me what the Latin word for sun is.  I'm not sure why she chose to ask me that question, since the extent of my foreign language skillz is asking where my pants are in Spanish. 

But, since she came looking for an answer, I had to give her one.  Sometimes I do this thing where I make up ridiculous facts and see how much I can get Emily to believe.  For instance, a few weeks ago when we were watching the college football bowl games, she asked me what TCU stands for.  I told her it stands for Texas Christian Univarsity.  Not uniVERSITY…uniVARSITY.  They are such big football people down there in Texas that they incorporated a sporty word into their very name of their school!  Can you even believe it?!  Now deep down, Emily knew I was fabricating the whole thing.  But there was an itsy bitsy sliver of her that thought maybe, just maybe, I was telling the truth.  So last night when she asked me the Latin word for sun, I told her that it was sun-ay.  And for about .75 seconds, she believed me.  Until she had me google it and my story was blown wide open.  Still.  It was fun(ay).

Yesterday I was suffering from a touch of the boredom at work, so I texted Em and told her to tell me something funny.  Her response?  Spoon.  I think it’s safe to say her exams and ALL THE STUDYING have worn her out.  Although she did get an A on her science exam, even though there were some questions about electrons, so I guess it’s paying off. 

We are going on a ROAD TRIP this weekend though and Emily and I have ten hours of sitting next to each other in the car ahead of us.  Hello, catch up time.  That is, of course, unless my dad requests that I sit in the front seat next to him to hold the position of Primary Navigator #1.  That probably won’t happen, because a girl ACCIDENTALLY gets on the turnpike and proceeds to make countless other navigational errors, tripling her travel time and causes great emotional distress among her family ONE TIME, and all of her navigational credibility is shattered.  NOT THAT ANYTHING LIKE THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME.  However, if it had, I would be willing to bet that was one LONG trip home from Gramma and Grampa's house.

One last thing.  Anyone watching American Idol this season?  Despite the changes in the judging panel, I decided to give AI a shot because watching my fellow spectacular vocalists being discovered is something I cannot turn away from.  Plus I love me some J-Lo.  Probably because I’m not fooled by the rocks that she’s got.  She’s still (she's still) Jenny from the Block.  She used to have a little now she has a lot.  No matter where she goes she knows where she came from (ooooo).

Last night I only caught bits and pieces because Stacy and I were getting our craft on and making these…
So cute, right?! 

I sent a picture to Matt and he said, "Oh cool, are they those shower things?" 

By "those shower things," he meant loofahs.  He thought I might wear a necklace and pin made out of loofahs.

Oh dear.

Anyway as we were crafting away/gluing our fingers together with hot glue (PAINFUL) Stacy said, "This is so making the blog."  So here's a shout out to Stacy. 

Alrighty, time to get ready for a weekend of Big Fun.  Maybe I'll even go wild and wear a loofah necklace.

Comments

Jessica said…
Whenever my sister navigates for me, we get SUPER lost!!! Agghh!! Haha
ae said…
I have not watched AI since season 1; but I am actually liking it so far this season!
Julianna said…
I like the "loofah" necklace! Cute! I am also in love with the AI judges this year. I know Steven Tyler is CRAZY, but his facial expressions crack me up! J-Lo is sweet too!
Baby Sister said…
Hahaha...a necklace of loofahs would be awesome. I'm loving American Idol this year. I think the new judges are awesome!! And some of the kids/people have been so cute!!
Rosh said…
The necklace and pin are so cute and fun! Love the color of the necklace. The loofah comment is too funny! =)
Kate said…
Ooh! new look to your blog! I like!

Bahaha... just like a man to think they were made from shower-scsrunchies as I call them. Wha--? haha. He may have helped inspire the new fad in shower-accessories though... hmmm...
I think those are cute! I'm really liking AI. I thought I wouldn't but I really am liking the new judges!
Jessica said…
hahaha this is hilarious- esp about you trying to make you sister believe those things! annnd I've have a navigating problem too- I took 1.5 hours to get somewhere that was 30 min away...it was not pleasant!
Things to Do said…
I've found myself getting sucked into AI as well. And spoon is funny, even in latin.
Megan said…
Hahaha, I love that he thought those were loofah jewelry!! That's a guy for you!
REBrown said…
I love the loofah necklaces....very cute!
Holli said…
I'm loving AI too!