Monday, January 10, 2011

no big events, but an impressive word count

I realize that the posting here has been infrequent as of late.  It's not that I don't have a lot to say (just ask Matt or my poor family), it's just that I don't think anyone wants to read about how I got up ten minutes early to iron my pants this morning or how many M&Ms I ate this weekend or how much money I saved by switching my car insurance to Geico.  Please don't tell Flo or that nice man with the deep voice from the All State commercials.  It's nothing personal, it's just that with the economy the way it is and my driving habits and Geico's low prices, switching to them made the most sense.  And also, the most "cents." 

Thank you, I'm here all week.

Just kidding.  My dad handles all the car insurance needs around here.  But maybe Geico will read this and offer to insure me for free! 

Dear Geico,

I am a great driver!  No accidents!  No tickets!  I LOVE SPEED LIMITS!

Anyway, after our big Monopoly showdown on Friday night, I sort of laid (lied? lain?) low the rest of the weekend.  I took a quick nap after church yesterday-not because I was tired, but simply because the opportunity was there.  I used to be a frequent napper in college, which only makes sense because going to class for three, MAYBE three and a half hours a day can really wear a girl out.  Perhaps if I hadn't napped so often I would know which tense of "lay" should be used in the first sentence of this paragraph.  Either way, I took the lesiurely schedule of the last four years of my life and all the sleeping opportunities it provided for granted.  Ah, youth.  It really is wasted on the young and well-rested.

Are you still awake?  I wouldn't blame you for wanting to lay (lie?!) down and take a nap right now.  I am almost putting myself to sleep.

Matt and I went out to dinner last night, which was Big Fun.  I wore one of those "not a really a shirt but not really a dress" things with leggings.  It was slightly outside my comfort zone and while it most certainly would not have passed the "put your arms at your sides, and if it's shorter than your longest finger it is unnacceptable" rule at my Catholic high school, I went for it because the edge, I live on it.
We went to P.F. Chang's and I really wanted to get the Moo Goo Chicken, because how often can you say Moo Goo in public without someone saying "God Bless You" afterwards?  Not often enough, my friends.  Not.  Often.  Enough.  However, I didn't like any of the ingredients so I went the mature route and got something that I knew I would enjoy as opposed to something that just sounded like a sneeze. 
In a sad twist of events, Emily's cell phone had an unfortunate encounter with a glass of water-ALLEGEDY-and stopped working the other night.  (I JUST KEEP GOING! Are you laying/lying down yet?!  I cannot stop myself.)  I found an old phone for her to use, but she lost all of her contacts and pictures.  It got me thinking that I better go through my phone STAT and save all of my priceless photographic memories, lest a similar unfortunate hydro-technological event befall me.

I did so Saturday night, and here is what I found.



Well, hmm.  I'm not sure anything I found falls in to the category "priceless photographic memory." 

Although, I did find THREE pictures of my hair and a major case of static electricity that Emily took when we were at the mall one of the fourteen times we went last week.


I cannot tell you how thrilled I am that those moments are forever captured.

Although I could keep going and going, Energizer style, I will end this for now.  Please go lie or lay down for a while.  You deserve it.

20 comments:

A Nerd and A Free Spirit said...

I enjoyed this. (-:

~K

mskanorado said...

Oh goodness, I am sure there is a never a dull moment with you! This post is too funny! Sounds like you had a good time on your date, I'm never really sure about the dress/shirt things either, I own one but the last couple times I have worn it I have just warn some cute capri jeans with them, those seemed to work - I was just thinking about that outfit last night and wearing leggings with it. We will see I guess! Happy Monday!
P.S. Those photos...definitely captured forever moments that are totally worth it! hehe

Jenn W said...

ahahhaha this cracked me up!
i love that notashirt/notadress outfit..very pretty!
my phones the same way. an odd assortment of the most random things.

Jessica said...

Never had Moo Goo chicken but that means there's a reason, haha! I probably wouldn't like it either!

Megan said...

You are so funny! Seriously, you crack me up! Love reading your posts!! We totally had the same rule at my church of Christ high school!

Things to Do said...

Must. have. bust. of. Michael. Bolton. with. hair!

Michaela said...

You're so cute. And I love your almost a dress, not quite a shirt outfit! (: xoxo

ae said...

Love this post!

Jamie Lane said...

You ramble quite nicely! You should do it here more often! :)

Baby Sister said...

Hmmm...PF Chang's. Nummy!!

krislyn. said...

adorable shirt/dress! i'm sure you pulled it off just great!

Teenage Bride said...

PH CHANGS!!!! Yum mu fav!!

By the way ... you crack me uo

andrea said...

I was particularly impressed that you apparently found a place selling "genuine leather jackets!" for only $9.99. WHAT A DEAL! Clearly that moment warranted picture-taking.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend all the same, Laura, haha.

Kimbirdy said...

can we be friends in real life? :)

LittleSilkDress said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. You look adorable in the tunic (at least, that's what I'm going to call the too long to be a shirt but too short to really be a dress thing :).

Happy Tuesday!

Sandra said...

Yes, I'm still awake! I'm all about nosing around in other people's lives. YOur post fulfills that need! Thank you!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! You are too funny girl!

Courtney said...

HAHA! I know everyone's saying it but...fo real! You're hilarious! :)

Kate said...

You just made my craving for chinese food even WORSE! haha and I am now looking through my phone to save my own important pics. It would be a good blog post chain to start, put up three random pics from your phone!

ag. said...

You're so funny! I love the way you write!