Monday, November 29, 2010

bet your bottom dollar

Matt and I were going to watch a movie the other night, but we decided to run out and get some snacks first.  A new store just opened nearby called Bottom Dollar Food, and I have been dying to check it out because I am all about scoping out new retail establishments.  In my opinion, the person who named the store Bottom Dollar Food really took a gamble, because "bottom dollar" is not a term I would like to associate with my food.  Call me crazy.  So off we went to see if Bottom Dollar Food was top dollar quality. 

We spent quite a bit of time in BDF, and while I debated between purchasing Sour Patch Kids or Mike 'n Ikes, Matt turned into Mr. FDA and set out to inspect the produce and spot check expiration dates.  Just a friendly warning...don't buy the onions!  On the way back to my house we stopped at a red light behind this bus. 
Apparently Philadelphia has the second worst bed bug problem in the nation, but at least we have the BEST exterminators.  Silver lining.

And let's be honest.  The person who named Bottom Dollar Food should probably take a lesson in naming companies from the person who came up with BEST Exterminating.  I'm going to try to arrange that.

9 comments:

Rhianne said...

that is quite a gamble with the name - you're right though at least there is silver lining with the best exterminators :)

Jessica W said...

haha that is such a funny name for a store! I want to go to one!

Emily said...

I'm glad you chose Sour Patch Kids. They were good.

Gracie said...

Haha that's interesting. It is a gamble with names. But it's a name that would intrigue me at least.

Julianna said...

Thanks so much for keeping up with my trip! I figured I would turn all of my followers away talking about hunting! I'm sure I talk about people "North of me" like they're someone from a different country, but I don't mean it like that all! Ha! It's just different from anything i've ever been around. :)

Michelle said...

haha what a bad name choice for a store!! And bedbugs creep me out, so at least you have the BEST exterminating lol!

MissEmy said...

haha, maybe they thought we had too many names like safeway and thriftway, they had to think outside the box. ;) But that is pretty funny!

Jas said...

Ew. Bedbugs are all kinds of gross. I'd be wary of those sour patch kids candies. Signs like "Worst Bedbug Problem" don't just appear out of thin air for no reason.

Anonymous said...

They thought it to be true therefore they made it be true. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry ooutlet sale[/url] This is a step where you start small and go big. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose women parka[/url] Nnhwmylzx
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora jewellery[/url] Xluwwriet [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose[/url] znixlvkma